Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#314605 by swervedriver
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:01 am
Are you going (or planning to go) to the Devin Townsend Project at the House Of Blues in Chicago?

Feel free to discuss anything related to this show here!
#314819 by Teej
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 am
Trying to get some people together to ride down from Milwaukee. So far I've only got one taker. My friends aren't metal enough D:<

Been really getting into Gojira lately though, so I'm more stoked for this show than I was when I initially found out that Dev was only supporting.
#315049 by Teej
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 am
My chances of going to this show have decreased significantly. The one person that was down to go with me bailed on me because he's broke and spends all of his money on weed and alcohol and is unwilling to save up 27 dollars. :chain:

The rumors of there being a Devy headline tour later in the year makes me optimistic though.

EDIT: I found someone willing to go after all! Wasn't someone I had expected, either. Got some first balcony tickets, as the view on the floor isn't great because the floor is pretty much level, and I'm a shorter guy. Hope to see plenty of fellow Dev fans there! :)
#315155 by crossover
Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:21 pm
Debating on going.... but it is so fucking expensive to see him for an hour, i don't care about the other bands.
#315420 by Teej
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:17 pm
I sure hope that the tour is going to make it to this show...they've canceled NY due to the the massive winter storm, and it makes me nervous that they may not be able to safely get the buses down the road to Pennsylvania and Illinois. Of course I would have no problem giving up seeing this show for the sake of everyone's safety, but would still be a bit of a bummer.
#315492 by swervedriver
Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 am
Did you see the Devin Townsend Project at the House Of Blues in Chicago?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks!
#315500 by herman
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am
That was definitely the best show I have ever been to. Hands down. Had a total blast during all three sets. For sure the most fun I've had at a Dev show. Plus I got to meet him for a minute afterwards. Super nice dude. Then later Mario came out and he taught me how to play The Art of Dying!

I believe the setlist was:

More!
Kingdom
War
Planet of the Apes
Lucky Animals
Juular
Grace
#315519 by iceman455
Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 pm
First time to see Devin live. I've seen my fair share of concerts starting back in '74 and this was a hell of a performance. What an entertainer!! I was very impressed and cant wait to see him again hopefully on a solo tour where he could play a longer set. :guitar:
#315613 by Teej
Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 am
I was up in the first balcony because the guy that came with me to the show is not really huge into metal and I didn't want him to get caught up in moshing and such. The problem with a balcony is that the show doesn't feel as intimate. When it comes to Devin, that intimacy is pretty vital to his show I think, so I didn't have as much fun during his set as I have in the past. It didn't help that the people around me were beyond lame and lazy and just stood around doing nothing all night.

I enjoyed The Atlas Moth, more than I thought I would. Was cool to see them in their hometown too. Gojira stole the show for sure. They played incredibly tight, and the rush I get from listening to their records was multiplied 10 fold during their set. I probably looked like a complete tool going apeshit like I did amongst everyone else who were once again just standing around, but I didn't care. Gojira freakin KILLED it. Absolutely unreal.

BEGIN RANT:
Also, there was this jackass that bought a super-expensive front-of-the-balcony seat who refused to sit down for one single second the entire night. He blocked the view while swaying around drunk off his ass all night. Watched him flip off Devin on several occasions for suggesting jazzhands. When asked to sit down, he just bragged about his expensive spot and talked shit to those around him. Within the last few Gojira songs, though, he was so drunk that he smacked his face on the railing and started bleeding quite a bit. Security came by and told him he had to leave and get patched up for sanitary reasons. After 10 minutes of arguing with him, they forcefully pulled him him out of the room to the satisfaction of the rest of us in the balcony.

Overall though, it was a good night. Every band played well, Dev was still fun, and Gojira blew my mind into another universe.