Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#314602 by swervedriver
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:00 am
Are you going (or planning to go) to the Devin Townsend Project at the Irving Plaza in New York City?

Feel free to discuss anything related to this show here!

Show cancelled due to masses of snow around NYC.
#315402 by swervedriver
Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 am
Blizzard's a-comin'. Haven't seen any official confirmation of it being cancelled as of this time of writing though.
#315404 by Lemurfist
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 am
From the Facebooks:

"We're well aware that a pesky blizzard is expecting to hit the NY area tomorrow and at this point we are unsure what this will mean for the Irving Plaza show. Looks like the bands will be able to get there before the storm hits but if there's an official travel warning put out for cars and trains it may be cancelled by the promoter anyway. We also need to make sure that the bands are able to get out to play the rest of the tour so it's all a bit messy at the moment.
We'll be having a talk with the promoter in the a.m. EST and will take it from there. More news to follow soon..."
#315421 by Octillus
Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm
It's for the best. The show wouldn't have even started yet at this point and it's an absolutely crazy out there. And it's going to dump at least another foot on top of us.
#315585 by swervedriver
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:13 am
Just a heads up for those who might've missed it, this show has been rescheduled to the 19th (so.. tonight).
#315599 by Octillus
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm
Same set, better crowd

More
Kingdom
Planet of the Apes
War
Lucky Animals
Juular
Grace

Since I am old and creaky in the knees, I hung back this time and really spent time studying RVP. Dude was never a slouch, but it's just so damn impressive how much better he's gotten since the first time I saw him play with Dev years and years ago when DTB opened for Opeth. He's a hell of a drummer. I might be biased (lol I totally am), and it's true there are so many great drummers out there, but I just like to watch him play. He beats the hell out of that kit, and kinda reminds me of Dave Grohl doing proggy shit, which is a very good thing.

Good set.

Atlas Moth were very cool again, and so were Gojira, but I am LOLD, didn't get much sleep last night, and did a lot of warehouse work today, so I left after L'Enfant Sauvage, which was easily my favorite song they did last night. Don't know if they did anything special for the finale, but the set seemed about the same as the previous night and thus I took my dusty old bones home.