Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#314583 by swervedriver
Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 am
Are you going (or planning to go) to the Devin Townsend Project at Mill City Nights in Minneapolis?

Feel free to discuss anything related to this show here!
#314844 by the_s_rabbit
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 am
Devy was awesome as always. And I thought the banter this time and other stage antics was more entertaining than the other times I've seen him. I'm not going to say anymore about that because those who haven't seen it are in for a real treat! That said, the sound was kinda shitty from where I was on the floor. I've never been to that place before. I met some guys after the DTP set and they had a spot up on that raised area that's stage left, but still on the lower level. The sound was way better up there. That entire area is lined with additional speakers and lots of TV screens, which is kinda cool. Gojira killed me. Literally, they blew my head apart, ripped out my spinal cord, unravelled it and reversed it and then stuffed it back in and to my body, and then glued my skull and face back together. Absolutely crushing. Not to take anything away from Devy. But this is a Gojira headlining tour and Gojira owned it. First time for me seeing them. And I guarantee it won't be the last.

BTW if anyone remembers the setlists for DTP and Gojira I would love to have it! I like to make playlists out of the live show sets.
#314847 by NamasteLikeBender
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 am
Liberation
Kingdom
Planet Of The Apes
Truth
(War was next, but it was skipped presumably due to time constraints)
Lucky Animals
Juular
Grace

The band sounded great as always. I was a little disappointed in the setlist (it was essentially the same as the last stop in Minneapolis, but shorter and with the addition of Liberation), but it was fun anyway. Devin was as energetic as ever and jumped into the press pit and shook hands with a whole bunch of fans after the show. At times, Dev's guitar was completely overpowered from where I was standing in the front row. His vocals were also pretty quiet but they were turned up during the set. I also heard rumblings from reliable sources that Devin will be doing a headline tour in North America at the end of 2013.

And Gojira was awesome. Pretty much anywhere else other than the front row sounded really good. I heard bad things about Mill City Nights but was pleasantly surprised.
#314849 by the_s_rabbit
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 am
Thanks for the setlist. I was really hoping to hear Sumeria with a guest appearance by Joe. Maybe some lucky bastards will get to experience that at some point during this tour.

I found the Gojira setlist here.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gojira/20 ... ba609.html

Explosia
Flying Whales
Backbone
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
L'Enfant Sauvage
The Art of Dying
(Had to go through the intro
#314850 by Tyroshai
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am
Unff, I'm so jelly of you. Excellent, excellent setlist there.
#314859 by armyman
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:31 pm
I love the sound of those rumblings. Hope to hell it comes true. The Bald and the Bearded Tour/ PART 2
#314861 by tOM94
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:27 pm
armyman wrote:I love the sound of those rumblings. Hope to hell it comes true. The Bald and the Bearded Tour/ PART 2

And maybe a stop in Ottawa like the last time as well haha... haven't seen a better show at Mavericks since IMO
#316175 by Beav15
Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm
I was there. And was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. 3rd time seeing Devin and 1st time seeing Gojira. The best part of the night was me and my friend got to smoke a bowl with Beavis and Ryan after their set. Such awesome guys. I am so grateful that I got a chance to hang out with them for a good 20 minutes. still can't believe it!