Hey! You're awake!
#227755 by Van Pole
Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:59 am
Dev, You gotta see this.

I always thought, that kind of music fits perfectly for the Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies.

Awesome trailer. Makes me wanna watch this movie, even more.
#227763 by orbsonb
Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 am
awesome video...that makes me want to see the movie a hell of a lot more than the trailers on tv do, haha.

I think Devin's music fits those sort of visuals so well because he's always really grandiose and cinematic, even in the context of a more straightforward album like Addicted. he always paints a picture, and that's one of the things I like most about his music.
#227790 by Van Pole
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 pm
Spot on, Orbsonb.

Not many artists are capable of that thing. Exciting and emotional music of that caliber will propably always fit to the breath taking productions.

Here's another great example of painting Science Fiction with Dev's music.

[youtube]Y3j44ckZXRI[/youtube]
#227818 by drukore
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:11 pm
Van Pole wrote:Dev, You gotta see this.

I always thought, that kind of music fits perfectly for the Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies.

Awesome trailer. Makes me wanna watch this movie, even more.

Danka everyone! That Farscape thing is pretty rad too! Yeah I think everyone of us being a fan of Dev's music can agree on one thing. Devin's vision is lightyears beyond most (if not all) rock producers. Larger than life, more epic than a million unicorns....if only Devin had James Cameron's budget, can you image what kind of videos he could make? I froth at the mouth thinking about the symphonies and original score he could do for a sci-fi film...argh!

Anyhoo, thanks everyone for the feedback! Hopefully others with video editing gear will make more stuff like this...I think some proper ZILTOID videos are in order....
#227820 by Van Pole
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 pm
drukore wrote:Devin's vision is lightyears beyond most (if not all) rock producers. Larger than life, more epic than a million unicorns....if only Devin had James Cameron's budget, can you image what kind of videos he could make? I froth at the mouth thinking about the symphonies and original score he could do for a sci-fi film...argh!

So true.
#227834 by drukore
Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:14 pm
First post updated. Learned how your posting code works finally lol.

So...any ideas what movie I should do next? ;)
#227964 by JuZ
Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:06 am
Great job drukore, I really liked that. Really not sure what to make of the movie, but I'll give James Cameron the benefit of the doubt and go see it on Imax... if it's sucks I might take my iPod and listen to Supercrush while I look at the purdy pictures!

(and the opening of Starchild is too damned epic for words... just listen to that voice! Bet that took a few takes.)
#227993 by drukore
Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 am
JuZ wrote:Great job drukore, I really liked that. Really not sure what to make of the movie, but I'll give James Cameron the benefit of the doubt and go see it on Imax... if it's sucks I might take my iPod and listen to Supercrush while I look at the purdy pictures!

(and the opening of Starchild is too damned epic for words... just listen to that voice! Bet that took a few takes.)

lol yeah I'm sure Dev's music will be better than the soundtrack in the movie. I might just take your idea as well and bring the ipod. Maybe crank some "Alien" during the battle scenes.
#228196 by ffian1
Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:31 pm
Wow...

I dont care what anyone says, Devin fans are proportionally way better at this sort of thing than any other fanbase I've seen.

Tribute movie splicing, covers, essays, original music, mock album covers and presentations - they are everywhere here, and I love it!

Good job
#228197 by swervedriver
Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:36 pm
This trailer looks pretty awesome, no clue about the movie itself though.