Hey! You're awake!
#222864 by danmo
Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:04 pm
Gorgeous listen, have pretty much had it on repeat non-stop since Monday aside from a few short breaks with the Pain of Salvation EP(which is also pwn check that out too if anyone here is a fan of theirs too)
Dev you are fuckin awesome.
Thank you again for another.

danmo
#222943 by gurp13
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:47 pm
Uh, okay, sorry, I missed something. I missed it good.

Just so every one is clear... I can't give anyone cancer by wishing it either seriously or in jest. Not at all. I guess I could sprinkle printer toner on your toast... but that's a lot of work.

So, sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't think a) anyone would take it seriously and b) people would appreciate the sentiment.

Bottom line, I think that someone who is an independent artist, such as Devin Townsend, deserves to get paid for every album that people download. I don't think that it's the same as someone like, say, Beyonce, who's making millions upon millions.

And, honestly, I do sorta hope that people who steal from someone as brilliant as Devin have awful things happen to them. And, I don't feel bad about it.

When did this board become so serious? I mean, the person the board is dedicated to refers to himself as the Poopy Nuggeteer and Pasty McBalderton. And, people are tripping on me 'cause I made a joke? Yes, I know, people die all the time from cancer. I can think of two people I knew personally who died of cancer. I also know at least three others right now who are fighting it. I walk every year for the last three years in the Relay for Life which is an organization that fights cancer.

Cancer's not funny. But, I think my joke was. Sorry it offended you. Sometimes comedy is offensive.
#222947 by gurp13
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:50 pm
swervedriver wrote:
gurp13 wrote:
swervedriver wrote:
gurp13 wrote:And, if you don't buy it after downloading it, and you like it, and keep listening to it, I hope you get cancer and are sterile. No, really, I do. :chain: :dead:

Please rephrase that.

LOL Is it the awkward phrasing or the sentiment that bothers you?

If you don't buy the album (after d'loading it), I hope you get cancer, preferably in or around your reproductive organs such that engendering offspring is no longer possible prior to your agonizing and prolonged suffering ending in death.

Is that better?

You're an idiot.

That is all.

I disagree. You don't like my sense of humor. That doesn't make me an idiot. It makes me offensive. Sorry about that, brother, I honestly thought you were taking issue with my awkward grammar. I see otherwise. I apologize for offending you. I'm sorry you didn't like my joke, but I hope you at least agree with the idea behind it, that everyone that enjoys listening to Devin's music has to buy this album and every one that they enjoy listening to.

Now, that *is* all.
#222965 by gurp13
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:17 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:okey doke...everything's been cleared out now so lets focus on the muzik again :)

and I'm glad to see ya posting on here again, gurp! :D

Hey, ED666!!! Good to see you still here. Sorry to cause trouble after my hiatus. I lurked a lot for a while. But, Addicted got me to where I really had something to say.

I'll try not to be a stranger... and not to bum people out.

Focusing on the music, I will say that after two days of listening to this album on repeat on my iPod that it keeps getting better. I haven't enjoyed a DT album this much since, well, Ziltoid. But, I like this one better than Ziltoid. It's right there with Synchestra and Terria and Ocean Machine.

I can't believe how good this album sounds. I seriously hope that Devin is very proud of this album. It deserves to go plantinum and win awards.
#222976 by blackout1881
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 pm
Hi all, first post...

I ordered my copy but have been listening to this on youtube until the release. The production on this album is fucking absurdly good, so much going on and it's all crystal clear, Dev's voice has never been better. Killer guitar tone too.

The Way Home is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard in my life.
#222981 by No OnE
Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 pm
blackout1881 wrote:...

YES. My favorite song off the album at this point. Glad somebody else mentioned it.
#222983 by blackout1881
Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:08 pm
No OnE wrote:

YES. My favorite song off the album at this point. Glad somebody else mentioned it.

Mine too, that song just really couldn't be anymore perfect. The structure and everything is godly.
#222989 by Octillus
Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:48 pm
No OnE wrote:

I keep mentioning it in various topics. That climb in the middle of the song blows me the eff away.
#222998 by swervedriver
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 am
gurp13 wrote:I disagree. You don't like my sense of humor. That doesn't make me an idiot. It makes me offensive. Sorry about that, brother, I honestly thought you were taking issue with my awkward grammar. I see otherwise. I apologize for offending you. I'm sorry you didn't like my joke, but I hope you at least agree with the idea behind it, that everyone that enjoys listening to Devin's music has to buy this album and every one that they enjoy listening to.

Now, that *is* all.

I totally agree with the idea behind it, but I simply cannot take jokes involving cancer since I've been through that myself and wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy, jokingly or not. Though it's my mistake to react on it on a personal level the way I did, sorry for that. But hey, 's all good now that it's cleared up (from both your and my point of view), so back to the topic at hand. :)

Listened to the whole album again yesterday, and a few extra listens of Universe, Supercrush, The Way Home and Numbered. But holy crap, I cannot pick a favorite on this album. They're all so damn good!
#223177 by odiz
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm
I've probably listened to this album 46 times since saturday (the day when the dog slipped), and Addicted delivers. Again and again. Can't get enough.

Two things bother me though. First the song IH AH. I don't get it at all, it's too sensitive and emotional - and I skip it almost every time (except when I'm in the shower AND CAN'T REACH THE "SKIP"-BUTTON). Even though the vocals improve in the end, the feeling is just totally wrong compared to the rest of the album. Sorry mack, but that song does nothing for me!
The second is Awake. The chorus just feels wrong, compared to the superior verse. Jesus CHRIST how good Devin sings in the verse, but everything falls apart in the chorus with only Anneke singing, but it escolate when Dev start to backup the vocals (with different harmonies and key-change). The drumbeat (expecially the ghostnote-extravaganza) in the chorus annoys me, and should've been less.
It developes into this nightmare-ish feel at the end, and that is very pleasing. So I can forgive the horrible chorus-part when judging Awake as a whole song! No hard feelings, right?

THAT being said, ADDICTED is already on a solid 4th-place in my personal DEV-discography, it knocks down both Synchestra and KI. (Terria, Infinity, Ocean Machine and Addicted, in case you wonder)
Addicted will follow me as a guardian light through this fucking HELLISH holiday-times we're upon soon, and for THAT I'm grateful! Thank you, and good night!
Clichè: yeah I've preordered it, and can't wait to stash it in my CD-rack without opening it. CD's are fucking useless.
Last edited by odiz on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#223185 by Liquid
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:02 pm
odiz wrote:IH AH. I don't get it at all, it's too sensitive and emotional - and I skip it almost every time (except when I'm in the shower).

Eep.
#223192 by gurp13
Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:06 pm
I looked at my iTunes today... owing to having the album on repeat this album has 42 plays. :-D yes, I'm playing the hell out of it. Fanboy? I guess so. But I'm a fanboy because Pasty McBalderton makes dope ass music in his basement. In his basement, people! Chris Cornell has money, a successful producer and a professional studio to work in and that album dreams of being one quarter as good as Addicted.

Anyway, I love this album and I have a hard time understanding why others don't oer might not.