Hey! You're awake!
#222390 by darkenthesky
Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:44 am
AppleQueso wrote:Damn they should put a warning label on Addicted.

"Warning! May cause serious addictions, loss of appetite and sexual side affects." ? :lol:
#222412 by AppleQueso
Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 am
darkenthesky wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:Damn they should put a warning label on Addicted.

"Warning! May cause serious addictions, loss of appetite and sexual side affects." ? :lol:

Well I was thinking more along the lines of what it did to that car!
#222440 by Mulzi
Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:32 am
JarHead413 wrote:So I was listening to this CD on the way home from Milwaukee to Green Bay and while coincidentally listening to The Way Home! this occured:
Needless to say, I made my first significant Addicted! memory.

Oh man was this review guy more right than he'd hoped.

"Given how uplifting and FUN ‘Addicted’ is, this album might just as well be much more dangerous than the whole Burzum back catalogue, especially if listened to in traffic."
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.p ... 91&lang=en
#222511 by RobD
Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:25 pm
OK, I have actually hardly stopped listening to this. I rarely play an album more than once or twice a day, but so far it's been about 5 or 6 times a day, and that's trying to hold back so I can actually get something done. :D
Playing it to people, they have all really enjoyed it. No-one has been able to keep still listening to it, even the guy who is known for not ever moving, tapping or dancing to anything. :lol:

Dev, you got this album soooo right!
#222526 by darkenthesky
Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:48 pm
The more that I listen to it, the more that "Supercrush!" is clicking with me along with "Hyperdrive!". So now, it's those two plus "Numbered!" that are getting played over and over.

I really cannot wait for the 17th to come...

Dev, make time go faster, please! :sad:
#222548 by ScottMcTony
Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:02 pm
Although not actually misheard, I can tell what it is, I can't help but think
I'LL LAAAARN
I'LL LAAR AR ARN
WEINEEEEERRRRR
#222566 by ryanlkab
Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm
daneulephus wrote:^ WAY tl;dr

The more I listen, the more I am convinced that Addicted is probably the most perfect album ever created. No filler whatsoever. Amazing. Even Infinity and Ocean Machine had bits of filler (in my opinion).

Lovin' it.

:mrgreen:

YES!!!
#222567 by No OnE
Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:57 pm
Does about 4:00 into Awake! remind anybody else of the sort of style change that started to take over Coast from Ki around the 3:40 mark?

daneulephus wrote:
Nightshine wrote:I'm taking a break from the album after listening to it 5 times in the last 3 days.

I admire your restraint. I am more like 5 times in three hours.

Same here :D Addicted has been my fuel tonight.
#222573 by gurp13
Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:26 pm
To get it out of the way... I pre-ordered the t-shirt package. Would have gotten the hoodie package but for some reason it wasn't available.

This album fucking rocks. It rocks hard and it is some serious ear candy. I get giddy listening to it.

I don't know if it's better than [REPLACE album name here] but it's a great album. It's too short, in my opinion, but on the other hand, every single song is a total keeper and never lags at all.

Usually there's one or two songs on an album that I think, "Meh, that's okay." But, not on "Addicted."

The thought that really keeps going through my head is how amazingly talented everyone on this album is. I mean, yes, RVP has some kick ass fills and double bass work going, especially on the first couple of tracks. DAMN! Subtle but obviously hard to do. Anneke (sp?) is great. The keys/synths are wonderful. All of the guitar riffs are either poppy or epic or both. And, for god's sake, people, the man recorded those vocals in his house! His HOUSE! By himself and then he mixed the whole fucking album by himself in his house. This album sounds better than most albums I hear all year long. The drums sound amazing, the vocals, so sweet.

I can't wait to get the CD so I can rip it in Apple Lossless. Then, listen on some quality 'phones. But, more importantly, I can't wait to get on my bike and ride with the earphones playing. This album is really really really good.

How criminal is it that everyone has heard "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus but the vast majority of people will go their entire lives and not even hear any of this album? It's downright amazing to me that the system works this way. Honestly, can people tell me that these songs wouldn't be popular if they were marketed by the companies and shoved onto the radio?

The irony is, of course, that Devin would hate that. :-) I think. Or maybe he'd be okay with popularity as long as he got to make music he felt like and he didn't have to pretend he was something he's not.

Anyway, I love this album. I like Ki, but I love this.

Like others have said, thank you, Devin. I bought tickets to the HOB show in San Diego, too. I'll buy a t-shirt there, too. And, I'll keep, every once in a while, reminding my facebook peeps that they should listen. I probably would have done it anyway, but I will buy any album you put out, ever. (I didn't like The Hummer or Devlab much, but I bought them and I'm glad I did.) You deserve it, sir.

(And, like others, everytime I listen to Supercrush! all I can think of is Devin's crotch in green pants. Pasty McBalderton. LOL!)
#222575 by gurp13
Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm
Oh, and please, people if nothing else, go buy the album off of Amazon mp3. It's less than $10 (U.S.) You can at least donate that much money to Hevy Devy. Right?

This album is so good, it deserves nothing less. And, if you don't buy it after downloading it, and you like it, and keep listening to it, I hope you get cancer and are sterile. No, really, I do. :chain: :dead:

Buy the album. And a t-shirt.
#222588 by swervedriver
Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 am
gurp13 wrote:And, if you don't buy it after downloading it, and you like it, and keep listening to it, I hope you get cancer and are sterile. No, really, I do. :chain: :dead:

Please rephrase that.
#222615 by Monoplhoric
Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:28 am
I joined to tell you a funny thing. Other day i was listening to Addicted album's Addicted! song and hold my newborn daughter in my arms. She was calm when we listened to music. Then my girlfriends tv show started and i paused the song and gave my daughter to my girlfriend. My daughter started instantly crying and we checked everything from hunger to diapers. But when i put the song back, she calmed down instantly with smirk. It was one the best moments so far. Devin fan from birth. Thanks to Devin yet again :)
#222617 by Fjar
Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:39 am
gurp13 wrote:And, if you don't buy it after downloading it, and you like it, and keep listening to it, I hope you get cancer and are sterile. No, really, I do. :chain: :dead:

Buy the album. And a t-shirt.

Can I escape your horrible condemnation and get you to buy it for me then, since my bank won't give me a debit card and as a result I cannot buy anything over the Internet?

I'd buy in a heartbeat it if I could. I'm hoping it'll be possible to get a music shop near me to fly it over here to the UK.