All I need is this city and this mind and I will get by...

#152151 by shiram
Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:27 am
the dev intro is cool, but i guess it might be old news for people who followed every interview
it doesnt sound all that different
the artwork is cool, i guess it shows up brighter than the original

#153392 by King Fear
Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:07 am
JayjayAbnormal wrote:
:) wrote:damn, the city demos aren't rare now. bah.

They never were, everyone I knew had them anyway

As MP3s maybe. Not quite the same.
#154233 by TEH
Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm
Hey !

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the re-issue version is available for purchase in iTunes ! I personally sure don't mind having it both on download and cd:)

#154251 by Biert
Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:08 pm
Well once you bought it, it's perfectly OK to rip it to MP3 or whatever format you want on your computer. You don't have to pay for it twice.

#155494 by day old male
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:23 pm
OK, I live in Melbourne and I bought the City re-issue this week. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with it. I thought the idea of a remaster was to improve either sound quality or change the sound of the album in some interesting way. Unfortunately it sounds exactly the same as the original version. Maybe a touch more bass, but that's all. It doesn't noticeably improve on the original recording, so I have to wonder, what's the goddamn point??? Did I just waste $18? Sure, the bonus tracks are worth having in the collection and the liner notes are cool, but c'mon...

#155497 by sj_2150
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:28 pm
its a re-ISSUE

#155498 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:32 pm
sj_2150 wrote:its a re-ISSUE

Actually, no. It was specifically stated that the album had been remastered. I haven't heard the new version though, so I can't really comment. A re-issue and re-master are technically different things, but are sometimes used together or interchangeably I suppose.

#155501 by Dunkelheit
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:58 pm
so im gonna have to buy it again? plus the shipping and handling? over-fucking-seas?

f' it

#155502 by sj_2150
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:00 pm
The way i see it the original version of city is perfect. i dont see why it needs to be remastered anyway...

#155503 by day old male
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:29 pm
I agree, but the fact that it has been remastered led me to believe that there would be some noticeable difference in the sound of the album. There wasn't. So now I have 2 versions of City on cd. I may as well have burned my original copy for myself!

#155504 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:30 pm
day old male wrote:I agree, but the fact that it has been remastered led me to believe that there would be some noticeable difference in the sound of the album. There wasn't. So now I have 2 versions of City on cd. I may as well have burned my original copy for myself!

I'll take one off your hands... :lol:

#155505 by day old male
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:34 pm
Hehe, I'd be cool with that, but don't you have a copy yourself?

#155506 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:37 pm
day old male wrote:Hehe, I'd be cool with that, but don't you have a copy yourself?

No, actually... I have SYL and Alien, but no physical copy of City. I know, I know... I'm usually somewhat broke though, which is one of the reasons why I wasn't entirely serious about grabbing one of the copies from you. :wink:

One of these days... My list of 'to buy' albums is beginning to stretch to ludicrous lengths.

#155507 by day old male
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:44 pm
Cool. For me, over the years, there has been no artist that I have insisted on having original copies of their albums more than Devin. And I think that's why I was a bit disappointed with the Re-Issue. Because I will basically buy anything Dev puts out. Except this time I felt like a bit of a chump because I'm certain it's not Dev's decision really, but more likely a money-grabbing operation designed by the corporate genii at Century Media. My vitriol is directed at them because they could have done something way more cool with the re-issue if they gave a shit.

#155508 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:47 pm
Ahh, well I'm obsessed with hearing remasters of my favorite albums, even if they're very minimal-- Some kinda semi-OCD thing, I guess. :P So I'll probably end up buying both when I get the chance anyway.