All I need is this city and this mind and I will get by...
#275307 by Falk
Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:54 pm
I'm not really good at understanding these low volume things, but I always understood "I'm no one... ...but I found a wait out if you care..."
#275937 by Griff
Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:01 pm
You're right! Well, I think "wait" is "way" but otherwise, it sounds way more like what you said. :) Thanks!
#325890 by RogerTheAlien
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 am
Well, this is gonna be some heavy topic unearthing, but so be it...

So I've just tried and listened to Spriituality in mono for the fun of it, where some vocals in the center of the mix stand out much better. And in the end of the track, I swear that I hear: "Hey Mora, I've found a way out of it if you care"

Mora... does that ring a bell? There are other lyrics in Devin's discography mentionning this Mora: in "Critic", there is the line "I need you Mora", and in "Canada" on the Terria record, there is another line like that: "And all than ever I needed Mora, more than Mora needs"

Well, if you ask me, I feel like "Mora" represents some kind of a consoling female figure, representing beauty/love/hope/what you want, and that is "summoned" to get by in harsh times. I'm not sure of the truth of it, but well, I like that interpretation...
#325898 by RogerTheAlien
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:30 pm
Interesting stuff... he's talking about some "earth mother"... it more or less matches my interpretation of what Mora is, so that's cool. Also, I wasn't aware of that reddit AMA thread, I feel like I've got a lot of nice reading ahead!