Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#204804 by mEh!
Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:16 pm
This reminds me of my friend who just found out about FL studio :mrgreen: But hey everybody has to start somewere :D
#204825 by islandsinthesky
Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:05 pm
Nathan_lol wrote:That sucked, it was just Far Beyond Meal with synths instead of the original instruments. Dosen't techno have a constant thumping beat, buildups, and shit like that?

Constant energetic rhythm, yes. No buildups, that's Trance.
#204988 by Tyroshai
Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 am
Flat, a tad shite imo.
#205024 by Van Pole
Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:53 pm
Yes, it's flat.

Adding more depth would kill the feeling of playing oldskool video game.
#205134 by Tyroshai
Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm
cheesecake wrote:Load-of-Shit.

How could someone do something like this to an SYL song?

Pfft... Techno sucks anyway.

:wink:
#205142 by Van Pole
Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:28 pm
BrunoN wrote:Actually I'd like to hear Hybrid's take on Dev's stuff. They often do rather interesting breakbeatish remixes of rock songs.

I like Filter and this remix is a pure quality. Quite soft beat, but fits perfectly to song, such as "Take a Picture".

Didn't heard Hybrid's stuff before, but the first impression is surely positive.
#205159 by daneulephus
Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:44 pm
cheesecake wrote:Load-of-Shit.

How could someone do something like this to an SYL song?

Pfft... Techno sucks anyway.

Harsh....to each his own I guess. I thought Devin's music...including some of SYL, had a lot of techno influence. Maybe I am full of it. :|
#205183 by BrunoN
Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 am
Van Pole wrote:I like Filter and this remix is a pure quality. Quite soft beat, but fits perfectly to song, such as "Take a Picture".

Didn't heard Hybrid's stuff before, but the first impression is surely positive.

Aside of doing remixes they have some quality own stuff, check the album "Morning sci-fi", it's good.

daneulephus wrote:I thought Devin's music...including some of SYL, had a lot of techno influence. Maybe I am full of it. :|

I think you're right, electronic parts of his music always sounded more, I dunno, modern, than typical "atmospheric" metal keyboard parts. It's one of reasons I love it, all these little things like outro of shitstorm or synth pads and machine drums in Centipede.
#205188 by Van Pole
Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:53 am
BrunoN wrote:Aside of doing remixes they have some quality own stuff, check the album "Morning sci-fi", it's good.

Allrighty.
#205254 by Demonic_Duck
Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:15 am
well this sucked donkey balls.

this DID remind me of an awesome mashup I heard once of "Love?" and "Crazy in Love" though. I can't remember where I found it though... a google search might enlighten...
#205260 by islandsinthesky
Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:37 am
Demonic_Duck wrote:a google search might enlighten...

That never happens.