All hail Ziltoid!

#151456 by IronMaiden736
Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:53 pm
Biert wrote:The mistagging is not caused by iTunes (or any music player) or done by Devin himself. When you put the disk in your computer, it reads the tracklist from a CDDB website, most likely http://www.freedb.org. Whoever submitted the info to that website first made the mistake and can be blamed, and no-one else. Both for Omnisdimensional and Plyophony.

And it's not really a surprise that the leak is different from the final release is it? He did the same for Alien, where there were differences in Love?, We Ride and a renamed track.

It's not the fact that he changes it that suprises me...its the fact that all he seems to have changed is the "and double fooey" part. So subtle....why was it that important to change that one line when the cd was done?

Or I could just fuck off. :lol:

#151576 by tcantafio
Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:48 pm
If HDR sent promos out I can't answer that question. However, Inside Out Records sent out promos (to iTunes, etc.). I can explain the mis-spelling of track 8. On the promo sleeve and on the disc it is spelled Omnisdimensional Creator...so there is at least one concrete answer. The promo does have the different Phooey too, so perhaps Dev changed his mind adding "double phooey" from the time promos shipped to the time the final disc was "created."

#152091 by Edkaye
Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:34 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Similar to the Plyophony thing - When I put the disc in my iTunes a completely wrong tracklist came up. 'Omnidimensional Creator' was 'Omnisdimensional Creator' and 'Ziltoidia Attaxx!!!' was 'Ziltoid Attaxx!' Ziltoid was the artist instead of Devin Townsend. The album was just "The Omniscient" instead of "Ziltoid the Omniscient". The three bonus tracks all had the wrong name on them (Don't Know Why was Tall Latte, Travelling Salesman was Don't Know Why, and the Canada demo was Travelling Salesman), and then there was one or two capital letter mistakes as well..

iTunes and Winamp download track details from the CDDB, some Douche just put them in wrong. Change them, then submit the new track names to the CDDB.

#152117 by gurp13
Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:56 pm
I believe that Ziltoid also said "I feel like a bit of fun" twice in Planet Smasher. But, on the SE, he says "entertainment" at first, instead of "fun."

Interesting little changes. There seems to be an overall better sound quality as well... or, it could be that I ripped my SE at 320kbps! :D

#152189 by Death'o'Musak
Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:18 pm
I notice that when you Rip it from the CD, that it comes up like:
(when you look at the icons)
10 The Greys
Devin Townsend
Presents: Ziltoid the Omniscient

and the leeked version is just

10 The Greys
Ziltoid The Omniscient

#152327 by darknetghost
Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:42 pm
I found it funny that Napster's has the "Fooey, fooey indeed" version that was on the leak, not the official version. I wonder why?

#152350 by Biert
Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:48 am
Because HDR doesn't get a single penny of the tracks sold on Napster, or iTunes or all the other crap?

#152396 by Noodles
Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:46 am
Biert wrote:Because HDR doesn't get a single penny of the tracks sold on Napster, or iTunes or all the other crap?

From what I've heard iTunes actually gives more money to the band than if you buy the CD.

#152401 by Biert
Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:21 pm
Noodles wrote:
Biert wrote:Because HDR doesn't get a single penny of the tracks sold on Napster, or iTunes or all the other crap?

From what I've heard iTunes actually gives more money to the band than if you buy the CD.

But I'm not sure they have deals with all the small artists and labels out there.

I have no idea how it works really. I just hope Devin becomes rich.

#152427 by Yanko
Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:13 pm
+1 about devin getting the greenies (or whatever color canadian currency is printed on)

and i always thought that Herman said

"Cherish your RECTAL sanctum" on the beginning planet smasher. I was hoping the "cherish your mental sanctum" on the booklet was another difference between the 2 versions :oops:

#152610 by Leechmaster
Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:15 pm
Edkaye wrote:
Leechmaster wrote:Similar to the Plyophony thing - When I put the disc in my iTunes a completely wrong tracklist came up. 'Omnidimensional Creator' was 'Omnisdimensional Creator' and 'Ziltoidia Attaxx!!!' was 'Ziltoid Attaxx!' Ziltoid was the artist instead of Devin Townsend. The album was just "The Omniscient" instead of "Ziltoid the Omniscient". The three bonus tracks all had the wrong name on them (Don't Know Why was Tall Latte, Travelling Salesman was Don't Know Why, and the Canada demo was Travelling Salesman), and then there was one or two capital letter mistakes as well..

iTunes and Winamp download track details from the CDDB, some Douche just put them in wrong. Change them, then submit the new track names to the CDDB.

Just did that there. I sent the corrections for the main album, but I couldn't change the names of the bonus tracks... Hopefully they'll be fixed.

#153209 by MightyOne
Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:26 am
Yanko wrote:+1 about devin getting the greenies (or whatever color canadian currency is printed on)

and i always thought that Herman said

"Cherish your RECTAL sanctum" on the beginning planet smasher. I was hoping the "cherish your mental sanctum" on the booklet was another difference between the 2 versions :oops:

im pretty sure hes sayin RECTAL sanctum aswell!! theres a lot of differences in the book compared to what theyre singing..

#158467 by Snowmaker
Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:20 pm
I FINALLY purchased the CD last week (after having listened to the leaked version countless times) and was very upset by the change from "Indeed, phooey!" to "and double phooey!".

For some reason I loved the combitation of "Indeed" with "phooey". It just sounded funny. I had already ripped my CD over the leaked version, so I had to re-download it just for that one track because the CD version just doesn't sound right to me. :?

#160207 by Mr Clean
Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:33 am
Excuse my ignorance but... what indeed is "PHOOEY" :shock:

When I first listened to it I thought he said Fool...

I'm not a native speaker you see? :(

#160227 by djskrimp
Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:51 am
Mr Clean wrote:Excuse my ignorance but... what indeed is "PHOOEY" :shock:

When I first listened to it I thought he said Fool...

I'm not a native speaker you see? :(

It's like saying "Drat" or "Damnit".