The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#258288 by Lettuce
Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 am
WOAH!
#258502 by Fjar
Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:25 am
Origin stories of tattoos interest me. I want to ask: why?
#258546 by Atari
Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 pm
Fjar wrote:Origin stories of tattoos interest me. I want to ask: why?

I've wanted something Devy related for a few years now, in fact, I still have a Ziltoid idea that's bubbling away. I'll usually have ideas pinned up on one of my walls for about 6 months or so, so that if one day I think it looks shit, it'll go....'tis a good way of stopping me getting TONS done.

Anywhoo, much as I love looking at portrait pieces and admire the skill that goes into them, I wouldn't want one on me. I've also never been a fan of band logo tattoos, again, especially on me, although I do have a band-related piece that's passed my 'wait 6 months' thing.....'tis a simplified nautilus shell on my palm, that'll extend to my fingers. the only reason it's not done yet is I know it'll hurt A LOT, and will also won't heal well while i'm at work with it.

Skip forward to Sunday morning, Dev's post-gig DJ set at the rig. I was gonna get my white I <3 Dev shirt signed, but realised there was no way he was gonna reach, so I offered my arm instead.

It looked like it belonged there, that ink on my skin. Would never get dated, would always serve as a momento of one of the best nights out i've possibly ever had. I've always viewed autographs as a link to a memory or event, so that's why i've never understood the exchange of such things for money.

Reading that back, I hope it makes some kind of sense, I've never had to explain why i have certain tattoos done to other people before.

Augmented9th wrote:Watch out Dev, he'll start taking out mortgages in your name, next.

*honks my boobs*
#258608 by BlueRaja
Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
I love it. It's a neat looking signature, too.
#258658 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm
gs48 wrote:Wow that is a nice tattoo and sure a thing not going to regret.
Atari wrote:*honks my boobs*
*faints*

+1
Giggity.
#258799 by Heimdal88
Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:15 am
Atari wrote:El Squiggle. Sunday morning

with added clingfilm and blood, Tuesday midday

Holy shit dude thats epic! im getting the same autograph tattoo'd on my back. right under my huge DTB logo! will try to upload pics if i can just understand this forum thing;P
#258800 by Heimdal88
Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:33 am

Is that awesome or what!?
#258806 by ctfod
Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 am
I was thinking of getting an Ocean Machine logo tattooed, at the moment I've only got the Opeth logo on my leg, need to fill up some skin.
#258809 by Heimdal88
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 am
Nice, did we meet or did u just see me?

Yeah thats awesome man, get it inked. I will have more eventually;)
#258830 by Heimdal88
Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:57 pm
Abydost wrote:
Heimdal88 wrote:Nice, did we meet or did u just see me?

Yeah thats awesome man, get it inked. I will have more eventually;)

Naw I just saw you. I saw there were alot of hugs exchanged, haha.

Haha yeah man that was amazing. He really got emotional when he saw the tattoo. i dont blame him:P
It really was an amazing moment for me haha. he thanked me 1000times and told me how much he appreciated it. And ofc that ment alot to me as a HUGE fan!