The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#221915 by Robert23
Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:36 am
Torrent finally finished. Only on "Universe in a Ball!", but the better quality on the title track is epic. I've got a feeling this will be a good album.
#221953 by No OnE
Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:29 pm
At this point, "The Way Home!" is probably my favorite track, somehow it reminds me of "Almost Again" off TNB, which is one of my all-time favorite SYL tracks. "In-Ah!" is #2, reminds me of some Death Cab For Cutie/Fleetwood Mac stuff, and it's great :D

Great album, Dev, glad I preordered it :D
#221956 by SubZeroCK
Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:54 pm
I doubt I can really add to any of the reviews over these pages.

I'll just say it's perfect and I can't wait to have the CD in my hands.

Thank you.
#221959 by Estbarul
Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:00 pm
Ok, after listening to Ki, Ithough that doing something better than it was going yo be nearly impossible, and I still think that, but, addicted, it´s still awesome, I just love In-Ah!...it´s just....so relaxing....love addicted, can´t wait for my CD!
#221971 by Robert23
Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 pm
Estbarul wrote:Ok, after listening to Ki, Ithough that doing something better than it was going yo be nearly impossible, and I still think that, but, addicted, it´s still awesome, I just love In-Ah!...it´s just....so relaxing....love addicted, can´t wait for my CD!

Now I'm confused, because the MP3 titles it the same way you do. Is it Ih-Ah! or In-Ah!?
#221983 by Mealz
Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 pm
HOORAY FOR LOVE!

this act of emanation encounters and apprehends blessedness

10/10 album

thankyou Dev once again

I cant pick a favorite song, but i get goosebumps at the momment from supercrush, hyperdrive, resolve, Ih-ah, Awake

I hope we get some production talk like we did from Ki on the forums in another thread too!

You the man devin
#222000 by twoheadedboy
Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:46 pm
ScottMcTony wrote:I bet you guys would not even like it if it had been by John Mayer, which it sounds like it could've been.

John Mayer could have written something similar, but so could almost any pop/rock artist. Hell, the verse chord progression is the the same as the one in Slow Me Down. That's pop music for you. The beauty of Ih-Ah! is in the details that make it Devin's work.
Last edited by twoheadedboy on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#222002 by Octillus
Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:50 pm
twoheadedboy wrote:
ScottMcTony wrote:I bet you guys would not even like it if it had been by John Mayer, which it sounds like it could've been.

John Mayer could have written something similar, but so could almost any pop/rock artist. The beauty is in the details that make it Devin's work.

It's also the context of knowing who he is as an artist and knowing that when he did a song like this, it was honest, not just for the weird compilation of middle aged women and their daughters who throw their underwear at John Mayer on stage.
#222004 by twoheadedboy
Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:53 pm
Octillus wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

John Mayer could have written something similar, but so could almost any pop/rock artist. The beauty is in the details that make it Devin's work.

It's also the context of knowing who he is as an artist and knowing that when he did a song like this, it was honest, not just for the weird compilation of middle aged women and their daughters who throw their underwear at John Mayer on stage.

Agreed. From what I've seen, I can't stand John Mayer as a human being. In contrast, Ih-Ah! is coming from very pure territory within a real artist.
#222019 by KS and RTG
Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:36 pm
Well, I like John Mayer quite a bit. He is a really talented musician.

I won't deny that I'm a sucker for cheesy, poppy melodies. Even if Ih-Ah were by Miley Cyrus, I would still probably secretly like it and not tell anyone, just like that "Party in the USA" song lolz.

so good
#222024 by hidyhoo56
Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:58 pm
god dev,

your music is fucking killer. I appreciate every detail you put into the production of this. You outdid the guys that worked on "dark horse" trust me.
Plus, not all your songs are about your dick. I appreciate that too.

Thanks. I'm gonna buy the box set when that comes out...promise.
#222030 by Julian
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:33 pm
Amazing album man. It's up there with your holy trinity ( Ocean Machine/Infinity/Terria ) in my opinion. I'll be buying one copy for myself, and 3-4 more to hand out to friends.
#222058 by TheMightyRaptor
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:32 pm
Ih-Ah! was awesome, and I think I found the perfect song to sing for my schools talent show in a few months. Aha.

Numbered was better than I expected it to be. I wasn't to thrilled about it from the samples.
I gave all the songs a single listen, gonna wait till I get the actual album in my hands before listening to it all again.

Also, I have to say, I like the original Hyperdrive better.
Last edited by TheMightyRaptor on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.