The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#253752 by lickety-split
Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:54 am
I've got this retarded bootleg that was advertised as an official release on ebay when Terria was released

I bought it off ebay and took it to get signed as a kid

I asked Dev about it and he said something about it being a fake and I must have looked so bummed out he goes

"I'll fix it for you"

Takes it from me and turns away so i can't see it and starts writing on it

Turns around and gives me the cd back with all these devil horns, nerd glasses ,stink lines and the word geek with an arrow pointing at the picture of him on the cover

legend
#253800 by Tonya Elf
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 pm
lickety-split wrote:I've got this retarded bootleg that was advertised as an official release on ebay when Terria was released

I bought it off ebay and took it to get signed as a kid

I asked Dev about it and he said something about it being a fake and I must have looked so bummed out he goes

"I'll fix it for you"

Takes it from me and turns away so i can't see it and starts writing on it

Turns around and gives me the cd back with all these devil horns, nerd glasses ,stink lines and the word geek with an arrow pointing at the picture of him on the cover

legend

I cannot think of anything more cool - you own something really one-of-kind! :)
#253869 by RobD
Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:01 am
I just ordered the coloured vinyl version of City that apparently got released last year alongside the box set. Anyone else have one/here anything about it?
#253893 by RobD
Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 am
Yeah sure. It was about £15 from Century Media's European webstore. Should be here in a few days with any luck. :D
#254129 by RobD
Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 am
Still waiting. It's going from Germany to UK and I only had the shipping confirmation on the weekend.
#254337 by RobD
Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:30 am
Got it today, and it isn't florescent yellow, but florescent pink/red instead. Listening to it now the bottom end is a little bit lacking, but then that's probably just City. I'm terrified of breaking the paper inner sleeve too as it doesn't seem too strong, especially for 180gram. I'm used to have the printed ones without holes in the middle to be made of decent card instead of paper, like with most of Maiden's 80s LPs. Haven't got the boxed set version to compare the two so I don't know if they're the same/similar pressing.

#254372 by RobD
Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:33 am
I think my ears were a bit tired yesterday when I typed that. Listening to it again, it sounds pretty nice. It also doesn't suffer from the track fading that a lot of Devin's solo vinyl's suffer from. If you want City on vinyl but don't want to fork out £40 for it (or if you aren't t-shirt size Large :wink: ) then I'd say it's worth getting.

I've put the disc in a blank inner sleeve so I don't damage the printed paper one that came with it too.
#254381 by RobD
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:10 am
Yeah, I wouldn't imagine the same label releasing two completely different masterings/packagings of the same thing at exactly the same time :P
#259485 by Faffy
Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:16 pm
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but here we go:
Wow... I'm surprised it was that much. It looks so much less when standing on the shelf.
Signed: Addicted, Ki and the white t-shirt. Also, I've got two of those "Thank you" notes. I just forgot to include them.

This wall sort of came to be accidentally:
I wish there was a story behind that heart, but I just wanted to bring something pretty and ugly to the concert. And Devin signed it. :D