The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#182840 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:19 pm
devomeister wrote:A 3d sculpt of Devy I messed with a while ago:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6199/devywip01fu6.jpg

I'll actually finish this someday...

HOLY shit! That's really awesome, I hope you don't mind that I copied the image to my desk top because I liked it so much - I'm not going to do anything malicious with it, don't worry. :D

Well, since I'm a hoarder of pictures, and this is a picture thread - these are a couple favorite pictures:

I posted this in another thread somewhere, but it's too funny not to post again. Great facial expression - wish I could do that.

Hahahaha!

Cooooooooll

Dude has an Onion shirt!!! Wowzers

Enjoy suckas! :D
#182841 by asuss06
Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:26 pm
cool. glad you liked it so much. do whatever you want with it. i dont care. enjoy!
#182842 by nickdwaters
Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 pm
Yow. The 3D sculpture is very nice. Did you create the face with skeletal features? You could make it do whatever you want then. Flesh out the bod too and give Devin an enhancement /wink
#182843 by Ageia
Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:59 pm
devomeister wrote:A 3d sculpt of Devy I messed with a while ago:

I'll actually finish this someday...

oh man i considered doing that once
#182846 by devomeister
Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:59 pm
Man, you guys are making me want to finish this up, hehe.

nickdwaters wrote:Yow. The 3D sculpture is very nice. Did you create the face with skeletal features? You could make it do whatever you want then. Flesh out the bod too and give Devin an enhancement /wink

He was just modeled from a sphere in Zbrush, and the hair, eyes, and teeth are separate pieces. No animations or rig or anything, he's just modeled in that position. I do usually model for a rig (I'm a 3d modeler for a video game company), but in this case I just wanted to try to capture Devy's likeness.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the compliments. I guess I got his likeness pretty well, hehe.

Chris
#182903 by chubi
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:43 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Image

Devin listens to nile! What an awesome and brutal band.
Devin and Dallas had the most coolest skullets of all time. Guess Devin is out of the club now :roll:.
#182904 by Lawrence
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:55 am
Yeah Nile are an awesome band! I didnt notice that on his shirt
#182940 by The Oid
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:51 pm
devomeister wrote:Man, you guys are making me want to finish this up, hehe.

nickdwaters wrote:Yow. The 3D sculpture is very nice. Did you create the face with skeletal features? You could make it do whatever you want then. Flesh out the bod too and give Devin an enhancement /wink

He was just modeled from a sphere in Zbrush, and the hair, eyes, and teeth are separate pieces. No animations or rig or anything, he's just modeled in that position. I do usually model for a rig (I'm a 3d modeler for a video game company), but in this case I just wanted to try to capture Devy's likeness.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the compliments. I guess I got his likeness pretty well, hehe.

Chris

I'm always jealous of people that are good at computer art. I can model a very crappy looking car by extruding and subdividing a box in 3D Studio MAX, and come out with a result that's a bit better than most "programmer art", but that's about my limit.

Visual art to me, is like programming to everyone else, I just can't make my brain work that way.
#183456 by Wosko
Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:13 am
Nile fucking kicks and those are some awesome illustrations good job guys!
#183676 by Lettuce
Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:54 pm
I uncovered an image from the lost archive of Ziltoid's holiday snaps-

#183678 by Leechmaster
Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Dare anyone put up the infamous ass telephone photo, I wonder.. :D Or would one be bant for such debauchery?
#183679 by Lettuce
Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:08 pm
PM IT TO ME. I can do a crude MS Paint recreation.
#183684 by mineralinsulated
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:17 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Dare anyone put up the infamous ass telephone photo, I wonder.. :D Or would one be bant for such debauchery?

ass telephone? i know not of this.
#183700 by Persuader
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:21 am
Oooh, that's a classic! :lol:
#183753 by BlueRaja
Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 am
Leechmaster wrote:Dare anyone put up the infamous ass telephone photo, I wonder.. :D Or would one be bant for such debauchery?

I have that one on my broken laptop. :(