The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come

#58799 by optimadam
Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:26 am
Archetype wrote:Well, the musicians on this forum are still thinking of making a tribute record, with Devin / SYL songs covered by fans.

DO IT DO IT NOW. Ill buy it and im sure my gf will help with come cover pictures as she likes drawing and likes devin. Get it sorrted. :P

#58828 by Chops 666
Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:08 am
This is my third Christmas card that I've recieved from HDR. All personalized and signed. This is truly the coolest fucking thing that any band could do. Thanks Dev. Thanks Tracy. You guys are the fucking best and I will certainly keep buying a fuckig tee shirt!

#58830 by TheFourthHorseman
Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:21 am
bloodredcurls wrote:Well, if you're saying that Devin didn't go chop down the trees, grind them into dust, make then press pulp, cut out each identical rectangle then pulled out the printer to copy out hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Rohan Voight's fabulous design, you're spot on.
But trust me, Devin signs each and every card himself, and Tracy processes each one by hand to ready them for the post.

Yes you're absolutely right. Like I said, I wasn't trying to start anything and I'm glad you corrected me.
I could've read the opening post better as well and also pulled my head out of my ass, but that's another issue.

#58915 by paladin7
Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:49 pm
Tracy is one of the classiest and nicest individuals I've dealt with on the internet. It is also very nice of Devin to take time to sign the cards for the fans...He is just great.

#59181 by danceswithchickens
Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:05 am
I've got a whole collection of signed cards on my kitchen wall. I think it's damn spiffy of them to bother. It's simply outstanding customer service, when you get right down to it, and I've come to expect such excellent service from HDR. Too many musicians/record companies seem to forget that it's the fans who essentially pay their salaries.

Many people who come over to my place can't believe that any musician or record company actually sends cards and such to the consumer...

#59301 by A-Daamage
Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:37 am
Chops 666 wrote:This is my third Christmas card that I've recieved from HDR. All personalized and signed. This is truly the coolest fucking thing that any band could do. Thanks Dev. Thanks Tracy. You guys are the fucking best and I will certainly keep buying a fuckig tee shirt!

This is my fourth card now, I believe, or possibly even my fifth. I know I bought Infinity straight from HDR when it came out which is right about when I really started becoming a Devy fan, and I know I received a card that year. I have them all saved.

#59308 by A-Daamage
Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:56 am
Archetype wrote:Well, the musicians on this forum are still thinking of making a tribute record, with Devin / SYL songs covered by fans.

If someone does Things Beyond Things, please let me know. I am a vocalist and would LOVE to sing that song on a tribute CD. As I live in North Dakota, the music would probably have to be sent to me through e-mail or snail-mail. But DAMN that would be fun. I know some people who have a decent recording setup who I've done an album with before.

I could also do vocals for Deep Peace, Stagnant and Slow Me Down. There's other songs that would be fun, but would include having to scream like Devin and I don't think there's anyone on Earth who can scream like Dev.

For reference, my voice has been described as sounding something like a mix between Mikael Äkerfeldt (both clean and death), Jerry Cantrell and Maynard James Keenan. My register isn't as high as Maynard's and is a lot closer to Mikael's and Jerry's. I've never been in choir/chorus, but I think I'm somewhere around tenor to whatever's the next level up. Alto?

If I can find a decent sound editer for free as I have little money right now, I'll post a sample MP3 of a song I did vocals for in a local band.

#61191 by whileheavenwept
Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 pm
Can i just say, i was well chuffed when i got my xmas card in the post, i've now added into the frame with the one i received a few years back. Devin & Tracy are the best, have a great Christmas guys.

Dan
xxx

#61201 by Forensick
Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:12 pm
Nice thing to do! Really saved my day. No other band would do a thing like this? I´m really touched by this, gets me going and ordering stuff (got my Devlab, Physicist T-shirt , Official bootleg and press CD yesterday...). Victim of advertisement? Maybe...

#61942 by psychotic
Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:35 am
Getting that card really put me at a moral dilemma. I could've either not told my friends that I got it for buying merch off of Devy's site and made myself look important or I could've told them I got it just for simply buying stuff off of Dev's site and given Devin some major promotion. I decided to choose the latter. Dev's doing something way too cool here for me to not give him as much promotion as possible among my friends at very least, because that spreads really fast.

Devin is the definition of what every musician out there should be as far as how he is with his fans and just the effort he puts into his work. This is just another of many examples, but an example that means an awful lot to me. I'm keeping my card until the day I die.

#62142 by psychotic
Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:01 pm
Thank you, I'll be taking calls all week.

#62848 by Broken Glass
Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:30 pm
I didnt get one this year :(

*cries in the corner*

#63044 by pacman
Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:22 pm
yeah.. got 1 as wel.. i'ts f*cking cool a artist sends cristmas cards to thear fans.

#63180 by Kristopher
Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:29 am
thanx for the cards dev!!
Hey everyone says dev's a work aholic..
Whats that make Tracy? and absolute champion?
she's doin it all for love... right (yeah so is dev)

JUST GOTTA SAY A BIG THANKYOU AGAIN TO ALL AT HEVY DEVY...
merry xmass....
amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR