The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#58704 by powercozmic
Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:24 am
I was really impressed when I got a Xmas card signed personally by my favourite musician ( Devin ) and his wife.
I'd like to thank you Devin and Tracy for THINKING about your fans and for your effort.
I don't think too many other musicians have time to send Xmas cards for their fans.
Thanks.
Keep up the good work.

#58708 by PukeVoice
Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:41 am
I'm right there with you powercozmic, I was really surprised and impressed to receive a Xmas postcard too... I also thought about sending something to them in return, because it's so awesome ;)

#58726 by Bloody_Rust
Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:08 pm
I think it's a really nice gesture. More musicians should be like that! It makes me want to go and buy something so I can get a Christmas card :D

#58727 by TheFourthHorseman
Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:14 pm
Well you know, if you really get down to it, I don't think that Devin made or wrote too many of the cards.
I'm not putting down the effort at all, but just thought I'd mention. I could be wrong as well, seeing as I haven't seen the cards.

#58730 by PukeVoice
Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:31 pm
I havent bought much from them, only recently I've ordered a tshirt and a toque from the eBay HevyDevy shop, and that's it. I like that kind of "newsletter" they also send in with the stuff you buy....
So I assume that they sent these cards to more or less everybody spending money on merchandizing....?

Anyway I intend to buy more stuff from HevyDevyRec. next time I have more money :)

#58731 by optimadam
Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:40 pm
they send a post card to everyone who buys something of them that year. Also they change the art work on the post card every year. It also cost about $2-3 for them to send it. So they are losing out on it. They do put alot of effert in.

#58732 by GoOnScram
Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:48 pm
If he signed them or not, it's still quite a gesture to send out postcards to everybody whose purchased something from them.

But I think he did sign it, if Tracy had to write personalized greeting with each one, why wouldn't Dev sign each one??

Thanks to them both!

#58733 by bloodredcurls
Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:00 pm
TheFourthHorseman wrote:Well you know, if you really get down to it, I don't think that Devin made or wrote too many of the cards.
I'm not putting down the effort at all, but just thought I'd mention. I could be wrong as well, seeing as I haven't seen the cards.

Well, if you're saying that Devin didn't go chop down the trees, grind them into dust, make then press pulp, cut out each identical rectangle then pulled out the printer to copy out hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Rohan Voight's fabulous design, you're spot on.
But trust me, Devin signs each and every card himself, and Tracy processes each one by hand to ready them for the post.
It is a lot of work and Tracy starts preparing in October. But truly, the support of the fanbase in her files means very very much to Devin and Tracy. Actually, I take that back. Each and every fan that supports the music is equally important and greatly appreciated (imho D&T really do care!) but it is the people that purchase from the website that Tracy has daily dealings with and they are the ones she sends cards to.

#58734 by Guest
Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:32 pm
YES !!! Be nice with Miss Turner or the HDR staff wil get you !!!
:karate:

#58749 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:17 pm
i know i thought the same thing when i got my card! i wouldn't be angry if they stopped when they get a bigger fanbase, i wouldn't blame them. in fact i wouldn't even send cards if i had one fan. :) but thats just moi.

#58756 by WickedBuddhi
Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:30 pm
This stuff is giving me an idea. All the hardwork Devin puts into his music, and the things he does for his fans. I wish their was a way we could all give a big thanks back to him besides buying his music and merchandise. Just not sure what. Any Ideas?

#58763 by Coma Divine
Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:40 pm
bloodredcurls wrote:Well, if you're saying that Devin didn't go chop down the trees, grind them into dust, make then press pulp, cut out each identical rectangle then pulled out the printer to copy out hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Rohan Voight's fabulous design, you're spot on.
Well, I for one...am crushed! I thought Dev would be puttin' in the hard yards on this one, not loafing. :wink:

And I sent you guys one back! It is the one with the, er..."mouse" on it! :D

#58765 by PukeVoice
Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:46 pm
WickedBuddhi wrote:This stuff is giving me an idea. All the hardwork Devin puts into his music, and the things he does for his fans. I wish their was a way we could all give a big thanks back to him besides buying his music and merchandise. Just not sure what. Any Ideas?

Yeah I've thought about it, sending something cool to them but I'm too weak-minded to think about a collective gift from many people. It takes enough time for me to figure out something special to make.

I've seen some fans getting tattoos done, but that's expensive :P

#58780 by Archetype
Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:16 am
Well, the musicians on this forum are still thinking of making a tribute record, with Devin / SYL songs covered by fans.

#58793 by Olive?
Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:10 am
Archetype wrote:Well, the musicians on this forum are still thinking of making a tribute record, with Devin / SYL songs covered by fans.

This could be really GREAT!