The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#323834 by Plask
Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:09 am
Sup, geeks! 8)

This seemed like a fitting idea seeing as Devin & co are entering the legendary Royal Albert Hall in... what would that be, October? (edit: 13 April!) It's just for fun though, it doesn't have to be related to that show specifically.

So... the image in my mind's eye goes as follows; a headline gig on, oh I don't know, Sonisphere festival? Yeah. Feral geeks in opposition everywhere and a huge inflatable Ziltoid hovering above the stage (admittedly I stole this idea from the man himself). Something like this... http://diymag.com/images/uploads/sonisphere970600.jpg

1. Truth
2. Christeen
3. Supercrush
4. Earth Day
5. Terminal
6. Depth Charge
7. Deadhead (as the sun sets!)
8. Stand (at the intrusion of darkness)
9. Juular
10. By Your Command
11. Hyperdrive (Ziltoid version... Sorry miss van Giersbergen, you're in on everything else though!)
12. Bastard
13. War
14. Om
15. The Way Home
16. The Greys
17. Awake
18. Life
(encore)
19. Kingdom
20. Deep Peace
21. Grace
(encore 2, standard "oh you teasing bastards"-sigh across the audience)
22. Bad Devil

Little above 2 hours of relentless geek metal. Where do I sign up!?!? Also I promise to hang my head in thorough shame if this thread has already been made or I posted it in the wrong section or whatever. Sorry!

Now lemme see yours!
Last edited by Plask on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
#323837 by Plask
Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 pm
It's a wicked song for sure.

Please contribute! I'm curious to know how other setlists would differ from mine - that's why I did it in the first place.
#323840 by swervedriver
Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 am
Nice list! With a back catalogue as big as Dev's, you're bound to overlook some albums when selecting songs for a setlist of feasible length (in your case Synchestra and Z2). Hell, even if you'd take only two songs off of each you'd end up with almost 30 songs, but then some albums are more suited for big live gigs than others (most of Ki, all of Ghost) so... Shit, this is impossible.

In order of release date, not in setlist order (because other than Truth I wouldn't know where to start or end):
1. Life
2. Voices in the fan
3. Truth with segue into the Star Child Rise part of Processional
4. War
5. Om
6. Kingdom
7. Irish Maiden
8. Earth Day
9. Deep Peace
10. Deadhead
11. Gaia
12. By Your Command
13. The greys
14. Disruptr
15. Supercrush
16. The way home
17. Juular
18. Poltergeist
19. Grace
20. Fallout

And if an encore is needed, throw Bastard in there.

I'll be over here kicking myself for not including Dynamics, Canada, Away, Judgement (good call MagVesHa!), Hyperdrive, Color your world, Sumeria etc etc... Impossible.
#323841 by Plask
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:24 am
Ugh, Gaia would have been awesome. But yeah, close to impossible to summarize this man's career, even with an unrealistically lengthy setlist. I would have loved to include something off Ghost but I think Ghost is probably more of a sit-at-home-contemplating-pretty-things-drinking-coffee-record... kinda falls short on stadium anthems.
#323846 by JuZ
Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:54 pm
swervedriver wrote:I'll be over here kicking myself for not including Dynamics...

AND SO YOU SHOULD! :lol:
#323873 by SolidusSnake082
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:31 am
It is impossible to fit Dev's music career into any set list, even if it's a whopper of a show. I don't know if he ever started a show off with the triple-track opening of Synchestra but I've always thought it would be EPIC to do live so, here's a live set list I think would be absolutely amazing to experience:

1) Let it Roll
2) Hypergeek
3) Triumph
4) Rejoice
5) Hide Nowhere
6) Supercrush!
7) Where We Belong
8) Nobody's Here
9) The Way Home!
10) Color Your World
11) The Greys
-Intermission (Cosmic Surf)-
12) Ki
13) More!
14) Kingdom (Epicloud version)
15) Namaste
16) Victim
17) Ziltoid Goes Home
18) Juular
19) Om
20) Dynamics
21) Notes From Africa
(encore)
22) Bastard
23) Before We Die (with audience on stage participation as the Universal Choir)