The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#321095 by Victimlas
Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:00 am
Co-headline tour with Animals as Leaders :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D

Please excuse me while I weep... :cry: Closest date is about 13 hour drive.

Also shows Z2 release for 10/27! Not sure if this is official but wow!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#321203 by Octillus
Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:24 am
DTP isn't on last in New York again - as I get older this becomes more awesome, because I could not care less about watching AAL, even if Tosin is a mad genius, it's just not compelling to me.
#321206 by NamasteLikeBender
Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:55 am
Octillus wrote:DTP isn't on last in New York again - as I get older this becomes more awesome, because I could not care less about watching AAL, even if Tosin is a mad genius, it's just not compelling to me.

I feel the same way about AAL and that was honestly the only hesitation I had on booking the Toronto ticket. But it was either Toronto or Cleveland. And honestly, I'm not a Cleveland fan.
#321271 by KeasbyNights
Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:27 pm
I'm going to the Mesa Show at the Nile Theater. I would see sylkicks with me if he didn't have his own show in NM the day before. :P So I'm not certain I'll see anyone from here when I go, unless there's another desert rat running around here undetected..
#321358 by Kleo
Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:43 am
i seem to recall people expressing hunger after the last Worcester show and not knowing where to go.
1) Denny's lincoln st
2) boulevard diner shrewsbury st
3) kenmore diner franklin st
4) 7/11 various throughout city, including just up the road across from city hall
5) pricechopper supermarket route 20
All of those are 24 hours. If someone tells you there is a wal-mart on the same schedule, they close at midnight now due to profits not offsetting losses caused by criminal activity.

Second on the list of discussions are the usual out of towner travel questions. The cheap parking solution is street. Lots are shared with the local arena so budget up to 2x what you paid previously if you want their "added security." Hotels in the city cost a premium. Check surrounding towns like West Boylston or Auburn of you're on a budget. I can't suggest specific places. Even when I lived an hour+ away, I just went home after gigs.
So far as trains go, Amtrak and the commuter rail go into Union Station relatively close by. If you found the schedule lacking in the past and it's been awhile, check again. The commuter trains were adding all sorts of trips later at night and on weekends even before the entire system changed ownership.

I've also run into vegans who planned poorly and had to go off diet. Chances are you'd still need to post-show but pre, here are a half dozen options:
1) EVO on Chandler st (moderately pricey, semi-fancy american cuisine)
2) Nancy Chang on Chandler St (chinese)
3) Loving Hut on Chandler St (chinese)
4) belmont vegetarian on Belmont St (jamaican soul food I guess-probably closest to venue)
5) another soul food place whose name escapes me on the "bad" part of main st
6) Loving Hut on Hamilton St
I've gotten a filling meal at either Hut for under $10. Their menus differ slightly. Belmont is also moderately priced. Note that these three are 100% vegan.

If there's anything else, ask away on here. I am debating a vow of silence for future Devy shows. The last couple times proved a bit ... disheartening. I was apparently too old to be there, dress weird, and have the wrong opinions about music in general.
#321365 by Kleo
Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 pm
JuZ wrote:Too old? Dress weird? Ugh... people!

Every time I see Devy in Massachusetts, some teenager takes issue with me. It's over laughable crap like my wearing a kilt or knowing more about the Strapping days because I was there. What really makes it weird is I've made buddies next night one state over with those same factors as our introduction.
#321410 by KeasbyNights
Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Really, REALLY heavily considering buying a VIP ticket for the Mesa show. It kinda just feels like I need this. Plus he's taking a break after all of this and I may not have the chance again for some time. Not to mention, Casualties is being a big comfort for me right now. Just like a formal chance to thank him for being true to himself and sharing that piece of him with us.
#321560 by sylkicks
Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:48 am
If you have the chance (and the cash) to do Devy VIP do it. He makes it more than worth it.

SO happy Dev's finally doing a headline in New Mexico. Dragging so many people to the show...
#321562 by KeasbyNights
Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:30 pm
sylkicks wrote:If you have the chance (and the cash) to do Devy VIP do it. He makes it more than worth it.

I'm totally scrounging the money together and buying it. I don't even care, I can live on next to nothing. :)