The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#201534 by Nevaeh
Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:20 am
"Conversely, cultures such as the English do not really understand this album at all."

Yeah, what the hell?
#201539 by FUBAR
Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:17 am
Nevaeh wrote:"Conversely, cultures such as the English do not really understand this album at all."

Yeah, what the hell?

Yeh strange comment

I guess maybe Ki hasn't sold well here.

At least you've got us few here Dev! :)
#201566 by Death'o'Musak
Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:47 pm
FUBAR wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:"Conversely, cultures such as the English do not really understand this album at all."

Yeah, what the hell?

Yeh strange comment

Yeah! I think someone was talking straight out of his brown-eye...
#201569 by Amber
Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:17 pm
Death'o'Musak wrote:
FUBAR wrote:

Yeah, what the hell?

Yeh strange comment

Yeah! I think someone was talking straight out of his brown-eye...

Well, Dev said it, :lol: I'm guessing it's by sales or something. I imagine 'Addicted' will probably be percieved better here than Ki to be honest.

I've enjoyed Ki though... :D
#201583 by Nevaeh
Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:26 pm
I don't mind if he feels the dutch are more receptive - i applaud honesty and opinion, but to generalise like that, when we have pink floyd, zepp, guthrie govan, the moody blues ...the list goes on. All of a sudden I start to think...hmm, should I get Addicted or Deconstruction? or because I'm english - maybe i wont understand any of it?
#201604 by auldj
Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:17 am
The Dev wrote:Another example of me talking shit.

Maybe just sour grapes on my part, more than likely, sorry to anyone offended.

Hmm, I read it as different cultures have different tastes, but I have to say, it's been very well recieved here Dev!

Tally ho, pip pip and bombs away!
#201644 by Nevaeh
Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:27 am
You have your opinions, and that's fair - you probably have a reasonable basis to form it. You apologised and in all honesty, you probably didn't need to.

See I wouldn't be here if I didn't like your music. You fill a niche that I have yet to hear another single musician fill as eloquently as you have. You seem to blend elements of Vai (minus the toffery), The Cure, Enya, Enigma, and all sorts else into a totally unrecognisable sound that is Devin Townsend.

However in any case, I don't think its fair to say something like that when you still have people here stoked on what you do and financially support you, from all walks of life. My 36 year old police officer brother bought Ki, my death metal loving coke-head mate bought Ki, and I am waiting for my next pay check to finally get a physical copy. I know around 15-15 people that have it, and about 2 dozen more that love and bought your earlier work too. One of my prized possessions is my Ocean Machine tee. Yeah, there may not be as much of us adoring fans than in Holland, and I blame that on cookie-cutter uk labels and the "X-factor" hype over here - but I always think every fan is an individual - no matter what predispositions you may have about us English.

I can understand culturally where you were coming from, since the Dutch seem have a somewhat objective and individual standpoint to a lot of others. The best way to describe it is everyone is going one way on a train, and the Dutch are on another going somewhere different. A generalisation it isn't, but they certainly have a far more experimental and accepting nature to the stereotypical conservative British standpoint.

That's all I have got to say, no more sand in my vagina.
#201652 by swervedriver
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:06 am
Basically, we rule.

:mrgreen: