You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#231775 by Capillarian
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:53 am
Lol, I find it hard to believe that Dev would sample something from FFVII, but that is a damn near perfect match to the intro of Vampolka. If he weren't on tour he might have seen and answered this!
#234871 by catharsis
Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 am
well clearly it's not a "sample" as dev's is definetely guitar w/ the bass line played by tuba but i'd have to say it seems like he copied or maybe "covered" this little riff. i wonder if it says anything about it in the liner notes? (my cd case is packed away so i can't check any time soon).

more importantly, why did someone put this melody on youtube, and furthermore how did you come across it?
#234996 by TheOmniscient
Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 pm
That bit was very familiar from the first time I heard Vampolka but I could never put my finger on it. I came across it because the game has some great music and I was listening to the songs on youtube for nostagia's sake. This track is a joke song and doesn't really compare to some of the other tracks.
#235181 by almostagainagain
Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:29 pm
"# Will go for a drive, get a cold ice tea. Video games and me don't really work...thanks for all that though folks... about an hour ago" - from Dev's twitter... doesn't mean he wasn't inspired from FF but I doubt he "took" the idea.. I mean it just goes to show great minds think alike.. even if he did "take" from it I would still respect his ability, skill, technique, style etc, etc good day...
#236071 by MikeC26
Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:59 am
The bass-line is very familiar, but again, it is that of a hipster standard.
#240829 by charlie_w
Sat May 29, 2010 8:30 am
It would be awesome if that was the case, since Nobuo Uematsu is another musical hero of mine, but I doubt it.
#240846 by Octillus
Sat May 29, 2010 12:15 pm
Creepy McPeepy wrote:its a standard surf kinda intro.

Yeah. More than anything they both independently borrowed from the same surf rock archetype.