You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#126085 by alligatorlizard
Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:45 pm
Anyone else notice the similarity in style to The Wildhearts (with whom Devin played guitar for a brief spell) of this song? Not that it's ripped off, but it's a nice tribute - and i could be wrong, but didn't Ginger guest write/sing on a song on Infinity?
Had "Sunshine..." on the i-pod while away surfing this weekend - there was no sun, but this helped!

#126086 by Atari
Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 pm
Welcome. Ginger assisted on Christeen. My bigger surprise was that Chris Wolbers played bass on Infinity.

#126101 by Blazingmonga
Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:54 am
Atari wrote:Welcome. Ginger assisted on Christeen. My bigger surprise was that Chris Wolbers played bass on Infinity.

Wasn't that only on Bad Devil though? I think Devin played the rest of the bass himself. Not to mention doing every other thing under the sun, bar the drums.

Heh, we are getting into those juicy details now.

alligatorlizard wrote:Anyone else notice the similarity in style to The Wildhearts (with whom Devin played guitar for a brief spell) of this song? Not that it's ripped off, but it's a nice tribute - and i could be wrong, but didn't Ginger guest write/sing on a song on Infinity?
Had "Sunshine..." on the i-pod while away surfing this weekend - there was no sun, but this helped!

I think it has that same 'bombast' that a lot of The Wildhearts stuff has, definately. I haven't heard enough Wildhearts to compare it to any particular song though. I'm not sure this is a deliberate similarity though, but with Devin you never really know for sure.

#126116 by Atari
Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:00 am
Yeah...upright bass on Bad Devil

#126143 by alligatorlizard
Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 pm
Who's Chris Wolbers? Google ofers no answers on this one...

#126146 by junkmonkey
Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:06 pm
former bass player turned guitarist for Fear Factory

#126147 by day old male
Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:17 pm
Back to the topic, I find Ocean Machine to be the best album to lift me out of depression. The whole album is like a drug for depression - for me personally because I discovered it at a time in my life when depression also became part of my life. The vocal peak near the end of "The Death of Music" is just unbelievable. Orgasmic. If I'm down about something really bad, taking a walk at night with OM playing in the headphones is a pretty phenomenal experience that helps more than anything.

#126161 by JuZ
Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:33 am
You have no idea how much I can relate to that... a walk at night with Ocean Machine in your ears is a religious experience. I highly recommend that any Dev fan who hasn't tried this, do so asap.

In my humble opinion O.M. is the finest album ever made.

Good call, d.o.m.

#126414 by Death'o'Musak
Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:44 pm
I find Sunshine & Happiness to be very Hippy-like...
its like he's spreading the love around, he definatly captured the uplifting emotions in this piece!

#126452 by bobbyjointritual
Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:53 am
JuZ wrote:In my humble opinion O.M. is the finest album ever made.

word

#126733 by DonorByHabit
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:29 pm
Kenshino wrote:

I'm surprised you haven't listened to Stagnant off of Terria. It's what Sunshine and Happiness is without the humor.

I couldn't agree more. That song has become one of my lifelines! Seriously!

#126909 by Death_Samurai
Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:48 am
Yeah I like this song quite much! Very catchy, but hell, I could actually relate to it

#126958 by DonorByHabit
Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:00 am
Yeah, "Sunshine And Happiness" sounds like something Ginger could have written; especially for Silver Ginger 5!

..but let's not forget that Ginger is also influenced by the likes of Slade and The Sweet just to name a few examples. Bands that have the similar vibe, and I know that the Dev is a big Slade fan.

#127300 by SouldrivenDevil
Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:05 am
alligatorlizard wrote:Who's Chris Wolbers? Google ofers no answers on this one...

Try lookin it up under Christian Olde Wolbers

#127301 by SouldrivenDevil
Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:06 am
I think the Dev song that cheers me up the most when I'm down is "Unity"

It's always reminds me that everything is going to be ok in the logn run