You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#112850 by EternalMetal
Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:49 pm
STOP DOWNLOADING!!! PIRATES!!!

#112851 by Atari
Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:56 pm

Where?

#112862 by fallstheshadow
Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:48 pm
Dear Atari...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

that is all.

Jack

#113034 by Shazbot
Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:12 pm
Gaia is the standout track for me- Ocean Machine is my favourite album and I think Gaia is the closest sound to OM since 1998... Judgement into A Simple Lullaby is absolutely stunning! Instumental Dev at his mind-blowing best!

#113192 by Marshall Bravestar
Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:00 pm
Notes from Africa. Really strong melody and reminds me of the feel from the Ass Sordid II stuff. I think it's the TM Stevens style bass thang!

A simple lullaby is such a relief (sonically, not because judgement sucks!) that I really love that track. It's very peaceful.

#113373 by Guuff
Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:22 pm
Judgement is my favorite track AT THE MOMENT, it changes from time to time. IMO its the most emotional moment on the record.

#113399 by JuZ
Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:05 pm
Oh.... my.

Wow.

I've listened to it through once and gave myself 24 hours to think about it. (played Gaia and Let it Roll again just to make sure I really DID hear something that awesome).

I can say, without any hint of doubt, that this is the best thing I have heard since I first listened to Terria. It just blew me away. Vampira and Babysong I'm not 100% sold on yet, but after about 1000 listens I'll be able to make a decent call on what I really think. Now I must flee to listen to this lil bugger again.

#113491 by Emperor Mordred
Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:32 pm
I bought Synchestra last weekend, listened to it every day at the job this week.
It's an amazing album, but it's hard to tell what song i like most.

mmm i guess Triumph, Notes From Africa, Sunset, Vampira and Babysong (except for the ultacheesy beginning :lol: ), the other ones have to grow on me like those long songs on Terria.

but i fear my favourite Devin Album is still Infinity, probably because it's the first Dev album i heard and some songs are very catchy
I also own Terria which is a great album ofcourse

anyway, 2006 started great, i hope TDTB comes to Belgium (graspop)!

#113577 by sj_2150
Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:51 am
i was at the record store in the city, and i was talking to a girl working there about synchestra and she said she didnt like the babysong, and i just replied "WHAT? are you crazy?" i didnt even think about it. it was like i have an autonomic dev defense system! or a ADDS :P

#113759 by Cav
Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:41 am
This album just refuses to get boring no matter how many times I play it! So far the only track I'm not completely sold on is Judgement, but even then I enjoy the hell out of it.

Just pure brilliance from beginning to end. The sequence from 'Let It Roll' to 'Babysong' has to be one of the most thrilling and well-crafted openings to an album I've heard in years.

Jesus, I've only had the CD three weeks & it's got me gushing like an emo band in a flash flood. OMG, LMFAO an' all that pish... :lol:

#113811 by gurp13
Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:27 pm
Y'know, there's something about those two songs, A Simple Lullabye and Judgement that just doesn't grab me. After Gaia and Pixillate and then with Sunset and Notes From Africa coming, they just sorta pale in comparison for me. This is a really great album, all told, though.

Cav, you hit it on the head. I love the first four songs and how they flow. And, Pixillate is a monster!

#113845 by sj_2150
Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:07 pm
the entire album grabs me. and i mean EVERY SINGLE TRACK

#113854 by gurp13
Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:06 pm
Fine, fine. I'll listen to it again. I mean, I've only listened to the album 42 times, according to my iTunes, so I might be missing something. It takes time to absorb the Hevy Devyness.

Number 43, coming up.

#113868 by Cav
Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:59 am
Judgement & A Simple Lullaby do get much better with repeated listens. I think they take longer to digest because they both contain elements unexpected in a DTB record, which jar at first listen. Judgement has the very Black Metal-esque section near the beginning, and the overdubbed crowd in Lullaby does sound very odd (Dare I say cheesy?)

They do work in context, though - I've been developing a theory that in many ways, Synchestra is a conceptual remake of/sequel to Terria; whereas Terria was about the looming onset of age, Synchestra is about the confusion it brings on arrival, and the processes one goes through to come to terms with it.

I haven't fully formed this interpretation yet (Def not enough to put the whole lot down just yet), but to me those two songs represent the internal truths you face with age: recognition of your sins and mistakes (Judgement), and looking back on the innocence you now have to leave behind (Lullaby: I get the impression that the crowd noises refer to Dev making some kind of peace with the idea of rock stardom, either that which he now has or maybe the kind that he might have wanted and never attained)

Of course, some of this stuff has been mentioned by Dev himself, but that's how those songs fit into my own interpretation of the album. To me, this section is meant to be a lull, a reflective period that allows the breakthrough to be made from Sunset on.

#114133 by WickedBuddhi
Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:04 pm
Hey Guys!!! Been a long ass time. It's cool to see that this forum is still the best ever! I just had to come here to hear everyones two cents about the new album, and put itnsome of my two cents. Synchestra is amazing and when I heard the polka track it blew my mind. I always wanted to hear Devin do polka. Now I can die happy.

Everyone take it easy.