You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#91190 by earworm
Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:50 am
Yeah to me the things that are so awesome with devins townsends albums are his vocal melodies and harmonies, i really hope this album has them in abundance. So far it seems like it does, which is sweet.

#91225 by S D M F
Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:31 pm
i hate to repeat things that have been already said, but i have to agree, Dev's vox are UNREAL, and the arrangements, two words, AURAL SMORGASBORD(does that make sense?? i unno to me it does). Im still picking up layers of sounds. There's nothing out there that I've experienced like it, and thats why I'll always look forward to a new Devin Townsend/DTB (or whatever he so desires to call it) album to come out. :twisted:

#91231 by doomsoldier
Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:13 pm
Bit off topic, but I never really got into Deadhead until a few days ago, and I'm currently loving that little vocal thing he does at 3:53. Kind of subtle, but in another way, not really very subtle at all.

Wild!

#91237 by artfag
Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:39 pm
The vocals, the arrangement, the sound layering. But also to a large extent the lyrics and feel of everything. I suppose that's part of the arrangement. What is Dev/the music going to tackle next? What aspect of life, living, or experience is on the table now?

#91713 by Jasta
Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:35 pm
doomsoldier wrote:Bit off topic, but I never really got into Deadhead until a few days ago, and I'm currently loving that little vocal thing he does at 3:53. Kind of subtle, but in another way, not really very subtle at all.

Wild!

That's how it happens with me too, there will be songs that I don't notice or think something like "meh" and skip it... but then a couple months later I hear them in a new way and oh shit ... I have a new favorite song of the week.

#93528 by Atari
Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:27 am
There's another update. Read and fall to pieces.

#93533 by funny_little_guy
Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:02 am
Did. aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd did. It sounds better and better every time I hear about it. If it's being mastered (ie completed) by the end of next week, what do we think the chances of us getting to hear any of it are?

#93534 by EphelDuath666
Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:29 am
MAN, what niiiiiiiiiice update! That makes it even more difficult to wait! And look at all the instruments that were used!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: And it sounds like the artwork will kick ass! Can't wait!

P.S.: Ryan, you forgot to tell that you played a certain "rusty" instrument for that Album. :twisted:

#93542 by fragility
Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:08 am
Glad to hear we're really getting closer. Ryan's descriptions are essentially leading me to think this could be the ultimate album...if I could have described what I would hope it would be like in my wildest dreams, this wuold be it

#93586 by Drumdude13
Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Noodles wrote:OMG It sounds so awesome!!! I can't wait!!

Any idea of when it's coming out Ryan/other band ppl?

Dev said early next year. I think were thinking sometime in February or March 2006. Don't quote me on that, but I think that is the best guess at this time. No date has been 100% confirmed by Dev or Inside Out.

Don't worry, when word gets out....it will be posted !

RVP

#93602 by niklang
Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:38 am
Drumdude13 wrote:
Noodles wrote:OMG It sounds so awesome!!! I can't wait!!

Any idea of when it's coming out Ryan/other band ppl?

Dev said early next year. I think were thinking sometime in February or March 2006. Don't quote me on that, but I think that is the best guess at this time. No date has been 100% confirmed by Dev or Inside Out.

Don't worry, when word gets out....it will be posted !

RVP

Will there be an MP3 or two released for us rabid fans?

#93626 by Atari
Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:41 am
that'd make it worse..........

#93628 by Blazingmonga
Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:45 am
Atari wrote:that'd make it worse..........

Yep, probably. I wouldnt listen to them even if they did release some.

Made listening to Alien for the first time sooooooooooooo awesome.