You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#83473 by Blazingmonga
Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:23 am
We are all very excited...and it is still very early days yet.

Remember the fuss when Alien was coming out? Try multiplying that by 1000 and thats what this place will be like.

#83523 by Condemnation
Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:03 pm
What's Alien?? :twisted:

J/k

I wasn't that excited when it was released. Was never a fan of SYL. Didn't like much of the material. But I gave Alien a try, not thinkin I could ever like it.... Now I love it! It's really great. But I still can't get into the earlier SYL albums.

Still nothing beats the DTB! I have so many questions regarding the new album, like how's it gonna sound, how will the drumming be different, is there a theme to the album.... ahh, must. let. go. of. these. thoughts.

#83529 by Blazingmonga
Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:20 pm
In time, all will be revealed...

It just might take more time than I would hope for, heh.

#84375 by Chris
Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:16 am
The fact that it will have a live DVD as a bonus doesn't make the waiting easier too...

#84388 by Naffis-kun
Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:10 am
Yeah.. Too bad they're not selling DEVLAB in stores.. I can't order anything from the internet.
But I'm looking forward to Devin's new albums.
He's getting better every year :). Or day

#84918 by DevonH
Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:16 pm
I'm holding my breath until the album is released......blue is my normal color. :P

#84919 by DevonH
Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:20 pm
Condemnation wrote:Yeah, I was thinkin that there aren't many good message boards where people get along and have a good positive vibe.

Devin makes people come together :-)

Yeah...haven't been here very long, but this board definately has the best vibe of all boards I visit.

I feel like everyone here is somehow a different aspect of me...like the death metal me, the prog rock me, the melodic me...
It;s like a big common ground...our little secret. Dev is the glue. :lol:

#84959 by happygirl
Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:22 pm
:oops: been travelling europe since the end of may..next week my last festival: Summerbreeze..hmmm, did not spend that much time checkin the net for news.. Just read the threads RVP posted and see the picx!!
I am soo *delighted*!!!
Dev's gonne brings 'his new baby' into this world.... THANX for sharing him/her!!

#84968 by A-Daamage
Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:32 pm
IronMaiden736 wrote:
Socialenemy69 wrote:
Burzum wrote:You know it's a good year when new Dev and new Opeth both come out ...

You know it will be a better year when Dev and Opeth do a tour together!!!!

That would rule

What I want to see happen is this:

Pink Floyd
Opeth
Devin Townsend Band

Even though its basically impossible :(

If pink floyd ever toured again it would be with some crappy band like coldplay sadly

Woh, Pink Floyd would be the definite black sheep in that group. Subtract them and add a band worth adding, like Porcupine Tree or Darkane or Mastodon or pretty much anyone but Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin. The two most overrated bands in history.

The perfect cross-section-of-music tour would be:

DTB/SYL (double headline)
Opeth
Type O Negative
KMFDM
Andromeda

#84969 by Noodles
Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:32 pm
A-Daamage wrote:
IronMaiden736 wrote:
Socialenemy69 wrote:
Burzum wrote:You know it's a good year when new Dev and new Opeth both come out ...

You know it will be a better year when Dev and Opeth do a tour together!!!!

That would rule

What I want to see happen is this:

Pink Floyd
Opeth
Devin Townsend Band

Even though its basically impossible :(

If pink floyd ever toured again it would be with some crappy band like coldplay sadly

Woh, Pink Floyd would be the definite black sheep in that group. Subtract them and add a band worth adding, like Porcupine Tree or Darkane or Mastodon or pretty much anyone but Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin. The two most overrated bands in history.

The perfect cross-section-of-music tour would be:

DTB/SYL (double headline)
Opeth
Type O Negative
KMFDM
Andromeda

lol you get every kind of underground metal in there dont you? ^^

#85031 by Condemnation
Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:25 pm
wow, DevonH, I couldn't have said it better myself! Totally agree on all the words you used. :shock:

#85093 by BaldMosher446
Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:47 am
I don't know exactly why I don't post over on these boards as much as I do on the SYL boards, but these boards are by far the best I've ever posted on (DTB/SYL boards). Such a happy family atmosphere and I'm proud to say I post here.

#85113 by Atari
Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:55 pm
*huggles*

#85248 by Axioma
Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:07 am
Pure expression is the new way for music, for the first time pure feelings can be expressed in such a instense, real, and undeniably infinite form that is only possible through technology and the new breed of thought. Devin I think is bringing in the new millenium, I'm inspired by many artists, but nothing in terms of the production, magnitude, and progression that I think Dev is taking music. Alien is the next level of anger release and therefore love in purity, only found further and further from what we know. So now the platform is raised much higher and as I don't even think dev knows where he can land after jumping off this sort of ledge, I think thats why even he is so excited about all this :D Forgive the jabbering, this is the way with me, all release, or nothing. The flight into unknown waters, bringing us travelers of light together, I LOVE YOU ALL... :twisted: