Archived
#84904 by chrisslight
Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:07 pm
Hi Tracy, I did a search on this topic, but I couldnt come up with anything, so I thought this the best place to ask. Are there any plans to start up an official fan club for the Dev/SYL at all?

#84909 by Eyesore
Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:50 pm
This is the official fan club! =)

#84915 by Guest
Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:10 pm
Well if you'd like... I'll collect membership dues (and donate them to an animal shelter) then send you some bits of string.

#84929 by chrisslight
Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:28 am
Greg wrote:Well if you'd like... I'll collect membership dues (and donate them to an animal shelter) then send you some bits of string.

Maybe if you write "Dev" on the string..or a bit of paper.. :lol:

#84942 by Greg Reason
Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:54 am
I would join a fan club for sure. $40US seems a pretty reasonable amount, I would suggest... Maybe you can do like NIN and Tool etc and have an exclusive shirt with a more expensive membership. Maybe you guys feel a little funny about taking cash off fans like that but if you did a good job of it it would be good value, like if you had competitions, the occasional autographed poster or something, maybe an EP of odds and ends that Devin feels alright releasing to the club at the end of every year... I'm sure you guys could think of other things!

#84945 by chrisslight
Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:22 am
Greg Reason wrote:I would join a fan club for sure. $40US seems a pretty reasonable amount, I would suggest... Maybe you can do like NIN and Tool etc and have an exclusive shirt with a more expensive membership. Maybe you guys feel a little funny about taking cash off fans like that but if you did a good job of it it would be good value, like if you had competitions, the occasional autographed poster or something, maybe an EP of odds and ends that Devin feels alright releasing to the club at the end of every year... I'm sure you guys could think of other things!

Thats the sort of thing I was thinking of as well, something like the Linkin Park Underground/NIN etc. Would be pretty cool if monetarily possible.

#84950 by Guest
Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:27 pm
Well, I'll send you a tracing of a hand that shook Dev's aboot four times.

#84951 by Guest
Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:28 pm
and for an extra $20, I'll make it into a turkey.

#84958 by Tracy
Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:21 pm
I'm not really that into official fan clubs. Contests and stuff are not that different from what we already do with the members of the mailing list. There's little information I can provide "exclusively" that wouldn't be available worldwide in an hour on-line. And we will never again release exclusive or limited edition recordings. All that ends up happening is the people who did get it (Official Bootleg as the prime example) then turn around and sell it for $100 on Ebay. We don't really want to sell that CD anymore but we had no choice but to bring it back.

In this information/auction age, with a Fan Club all you end up doing is a lot of work that will be 1. known by everyone in a few days anyway 2. exclusive products will be flipped and sold to people who weren't lucky enough to get them the first time around.

I could see the point 15 years ago but not any more.

#84979 by funny_little_guy
Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:33 am
I can see your point, not to mention all the extra work it would be. It's good you've still got things like the Official Bootleg on sale yourself so it doesnt end up being $100 on eBay. Now if we could only get the Guitair video and that French sampler CD I wouldnt have to keep looking on eBay. Haha just kidding, this is close enough to a fan club for me anyway so I'm happy.

#85004 by King Fear
Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:37 am
What "French sampler CD"?
And don't forget "Idom"...

#85005 by kikithehead
Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:51 am
King Fear wrote:What "French sampler CD"?

I Think he speaks of that one :

The tracklisting is :
Truth
Kingdom
Life
Red tomorrow
Christeen

#85008 by BlueRaja
Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:25 am
Not that this would be the case with a Devin fanclub, but I've had zero luck with fanclubs. I've joined 3 in my lifetime and never once received everything I was promised. A bit disappointing really. :?

#85063 by funny_little_guy
Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:38 am

I do I do I do speak of that one. I saw someone pay like $250 AUD for one once. But it is a real collectors piece so its not that surprising.

#85075 by kikithehead
Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:23 am
funny_little_guy wrote:

I do I do I do speak of that one. I saw someone pay like $250 AUD for one once. But it is a real collectors piece so its not that surprising.

I have it for just one stamp and a coupon taken from Hard Rock Magazine (French Mag) :D