The early years discussion: IR8, Wildhearts, Steve Vai, Noisescapes, etc
#280534 by Slingshotjr
Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:09 pm
ppinkham wrote:It was put up fairly recently, too.

same day :) (im just gonna go out on a lim here and claim that i have a 6th sence for Devin Townsend things..)

;)
#283616 by stubear280
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:53 pm
I just noticed T.M. Stevens is playing bass in that vid. He's fucking awesome! Never thought I'd see him and Dev together, but that just makes him even more awesome!
#283617 by Lolliklauer
Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 pm
stubear280 wrote:I just noticed T.M. Stevens is playing bass in that vid. He's fucking awesome! Never thought I'd see him and Dev together, but that just makes him even more awesome!

He played bass on one of Devin´s songs, too. "Thick Stock" from Ass-Sordid Demos II.
#283618 by stubear280
Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 pm
Lolliklauer wrote:
stubear280 wrote:I just noticed T.M. Stevens is playing bass in that vid. He's fucking awesome! Never thought I'd see him and Dev together, but that just makes him even more awesome!

He played bass on one of Devin´s songs, too. "Thick Stock" from Ass-Sordid Demos II.

No wonder the bass was so funky! That's awesome!

It would be cool to one day see T.M. and Dev maybe work together again. Maybe T.M. could bring Bootsy into the mix aswell. :guitar:

I would literally shit my pants several times over
#317284 by Mr.J
Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 pm
Just found a couple of gems from back in the Vai days:

Interview with Steve and Dev from Headbangers Ball!
Part 1
[youtube]jNy-Szj_Zd4[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]HYPYTdfP5GQ[/youtube]

Audio bootleg from Japan with pretty decent sound!
[youtube]FCr96Bih8hc[/youtube]
Devin's vocal solo starts at about 1 hour 16 minutes in, and the song at about 57 minutes in where
he sings a bit from All Hail the New Flesh... Miss a Lake as it's called on the tracklist apparently.