7%
7%
6%
6%
2%
2%
#226742 by mrbean667
Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:46 pm
Excluding Physicist, I think we all have a consensus on that one...

What would you do?
Why?

Personally, I'd love to try and make City (amazing as it is) sound as polished as Alien, eg change the snare sound, make the vocals 'warmer', and generally make it sound less 'wet'. But I suppose its kvltness is all part of its appeal.
#226928 by RobD
Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:01 pm
I choose the chicken feather record. The first few tracks are pretty much guitar and kick drum and the snare sounds horrible all the way through, like someone added the dynamic processors on top of themselves.

The rest seem to capture what the feel of the album is trying to get across really well, even if the mixes are 100% by the book perfect.
#228303 by ffian1
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 pm
Ocean Machine for me purely because it sometimes sound a bit top heavy and bright (thinking Voices In The Fan's intro).

Still love it though.

At the same time, I would love to remix Synchestra just to see what sound it is that Dev used in Sunset near the end on every second snare - sounds a bit like a tennis ball. I love that song
#228827 by wyldweasil
Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm
I chose Alien, only because sound wise I'd like it to be a bit more mix wise like the new black was. I really like how everything came out mix wise in anti product, the bass drops pop out well
#230240 by Fira
Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:44 pm
Well I chose "Heavy as a really heavy thing" probably because its the album in this list that i have heard the least.

I wanted to pick Infinity so we could hear it perhaps in it's original inteneded format, but then i realised the poll is about album "remastering" not re-recording, re sequencing or re envisioning! hehehe

as for what other people have noticed on this page, i cant actually say ive noticed the same things, i guess it must be down to teh room youre in and your hifi equipment.

but of course, had the physicist been in the list....
#231435 by mxtrav
Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 am
The New Black for sure, the album sounds fuckin terrible and I'd mix "Fucker" completely off the thing... But seriously, I can't stand the guitar tone on this album, and there's not enough "wall of sound" type noise throughout it.
#236662 by Knotrice
Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 am
Ocean Machine would be so much fun to remix. You could call the remix album "The Ocean Returns to Machine"...
#256936 by swervedriver
Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:55 pm
Alf wrote:Alien for sure. Clipping = noooooooooooooo!

It's an amazing album aside from that.

Where does Alien clip? The MP3 rips might but the album sure as hell doesn't.
#256939 by Abydost
Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:22 pm
Shit. It's hard to choose one. I'd rather remix one of my favourite albums since I'm not any better than the ones that I don't like. Maybe Alien or Terria or something. I can't touch OM.
#256956 by JuZ
Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:27 am
Sir Ryan Of Smeg wrote:What's wrong with Physicist? After hearing the Kingdom EP a remix of the rest would be awesome.

Nothing at all, if you like it that way.

It's just that a lot of people over the years have wished that Fizzy could be remixed, reworked, re-whatever. For various reasons. The number one gripe for me is the vocals, but overall it just sounds far too washed out and lacking in depth. Songs like Kingdom, Material and Namaste are so rockin' and heavy, but I don't think the mix does them justice. As you can tell I'm clearly not a producing type, just the opinion as a long-time fan and someone who really enjoys Physicist... it could jut be so much better!

As for the rest, perhaps Ocean Machine simply because it's my all time favourite album by anyone, and it would be interesting to hear it updated. But if it never happened I'd still own the best album I've ever heard and that's just dandy.
#256960 by Chimairacle
Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:36 am
Addicted.

Not because there's anything wrong with it, but because I reckon it would be so much fun to convert everything into some real vibrant dance tracks. For some reason I find that sort of music the most fun to play around with, and Addicted would best suit.