All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#95618 by danceswithchickens
Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:59 am
I've been meaning to ask about this for a while...you know the part in "Hide Nowhere" after the second chorus, where a whole bunch of overdubbed voices are singing all kinds of crazy incomprehensible syllables that almost sound like "I have got nowhere to hide"? Can anyone tell me how this was recorded? It sounds almost like this was recorded normally, and then the various vocal tracks were chopped up and mixed together, but knowing Dev, it could have been sung like this in the studio. This part has always baffled me in a very cool way...anyone else no what I'm talking about?

#95656 by funny_little_guy
Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:16 am
I know what part your talking about but I got no idea how it was recorded. I imagine it would've been done bit by bit to get the best performance possible. I get the feeling however that might have taken too much time and I'm not sure how much time Ocean Machine acually took to record, so it might have been done as quickly as possible.

#95689 by danceswithchickens
Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:35 am
It almost sounds like it was recorded normally, with regular singing, then chopped to bits and rearranged. But knowing Devin, it was probably sung all fucked-up to begin with...

#97369 by A-Daamage
Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:28 am
I remember reading on a previous post somewhere that one of the lines being sung is "I have a bigger penis". It's hard to say though as there is so much going on in that part of the song.

#97380 by funny_little_guy
Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:13 am
Bigger than whose I wonder? I can't really hear that anywhere....

#97900 by niklang
Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:15 pm
I just gave it a listen and I'm pretty sure i can hear the word Penis right at the end of that part where it slows down.

Not sure though.....I will never hear this song in the same way again!

#98036 by Biert
Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:09 am
I have a bigger penis? Impossible!

Well at least we know what he can't hide nowhere...

#98068 by Tracy
Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:24 pm
That part is just layers and layers of Devin singing ontop of himself. You don't want to know what he is saying because it ruins the song for some people :wink:

#98090 by Eyesore
Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:45 pm
The only thing I've ever thought I heard is in the second part of all that it sounds like someone goes:

"HI! I gotta peeee! HI! I gotta peeee!"

Hahahaha. That's what it'll always say to me. =)

#98114 by Atari
Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:33 am
Eyesore wrote:
"HI! I gotta peeee! HI! I gotta peeee!"

I hear that ....keep mishearing parts of Voices In The Fan too............

#98124 by hairy
Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:36 am
It may be the kind of things he sings in "fluke".
Great part though, I enjoy it!
Sometimes humor reminds you that music is nothing but music, and that there's no message in every songs!

#98139 by Goat
Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:41 am
Tracy wrote:That part is just layers and layers of Devin singing ontop of himself. You don't want to know what he is saying because it ruins the song for some people :wink:

Come on Tracy, we're all into this kind of stuff here, kinky, poo, asshole ( :lol: ) fisting, whatever. There is no way anything could ruin a song like Hide Nowhere for us die hard fans on this forum. PLEASE!

Image :wink:

#98144 by Turge
Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:14 am
hairy wrote:Sometimes humor reminds you that music is nothing but music, and that there's no message in every songs!

Well, it's just entertainment folks!

#98156 by hairy
Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:57 am
Turge wrote:
hairy wrote:Sometimes humor reminds you that music is nothing but music, and that there's no message in every songs!

Well, it's just entertainment folks!

:wink:

#98369 by HoserHellspawn
Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:46 pm
The multilayered vocal part in The Fluke is my favourite Devy moment, methinks - the only part i can catch and decipher is "cause and effect". Past that, I have no idea...