All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#98704 by danceswithchickens
Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:28 am
HoserHellspawn wrote:The multilayered vocal part in The Fluke is my favourite Devy moment, methinks - the only part i can catch and decipher is "cause and effect". Past that, I have no idea...

Actually, the lyrics to that segment have been posted here in their entirety. They are among some of the best Dev has written, IMO. And they're funny as hell. But I agree, it's one of my favorite music moments, period.

That part is just layers and layers of Devin singing ontop of himself. You don't want to know what he is saying because it ruins the song for some people

Thank you Tracy, that's all I want to know. I just love these unusual harmonies that Devin scatters throughout his albums...and I have an even greater appreciation of it now, knowing that it wasn't all digitally manipulated...

#102763 by Atlantisian
Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:03 am
I love that part, it reminds me of the vocal layer part of Canada which is one of my favorite moments in Devys music.

#157392 by StopCuttingMyArmsOff
Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:51 pm
For some reason when I heard this part for the very first time, I thought of Queen, perhaps Bohemian Rhapsody a little bit. Ahh well, even though I don't understand what the hell he's saying, we all must agree it sounds good, no, it sounds RIGHT.

#157480 by HevyMinik
Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:05 pm
HoserHellspawn wrote:The multilayered vocal part in The Fluke is my favourite Devy moment, methinks - the only part i can catch and decipher is "cause and effect". Past that, I have no idea...

Here you go: (found it at the Terria-boards)

"Writing and eating and shitting and sleeping
In rain or in shine masturbate ’till I’m blind.
In the cause and effect of the one troubled segment
Of time and the place and the look on your face.

And I write and I eat and I shit and I sleep
Yes, I eat leafy greens nearly three times a week.
And I’m not unafraid but no longer afraid of you
Anymore!"

Whaddaya say? :lol:
#228377 by Knotrice
Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:03 pm
It says "I've got a big penis and balls" at one point. Listen carefully and you can hear it.
Also, if Tracy says we don't want to know what he's saying, then the rest of what he's saying must be along those lines.

Re:

#236288 by ErikSeastead
Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm
A-Daamage wrote:I remember reading on a previous post somewhere that one of the lines being sung is "I have a bigger penis". It's hard to say though as there is so much going on in that part of the song.

WARNING! This may ruin Hide Nowhere, or it may make you laugh... so idk...

The only distinguishable part that is an entire sentence is "I've got a big penis and balls!!!" You can hear it quite clearly.

The rest is segments of sentances... I slowed it down to 0.6 speed to hear em'
Maybe something about 'easy'.... but I'm pretty sure its I got a penis and, with other singing, (not words)
#325212 by detoxdetox
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:56 am
HELP AGAIN! We know the CHORUS LYRICS from 2 min. 37 sec. , but who knows the part after that from 3 min. 10 sec. to 3 min. 50 sec. It sounds like:

Hide nowhere (I've got a big penis)
I have now place to go (I've got a big penis and balls) [x3]

Hide nowhere (I've got a big penis and balls)
I have now place to hide (I've got a big penis and balls)

(heaven down, it comes an end, who cares about dream , yeah, so)

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah… (here comes an end, the heaven’s down)

P.S. I’m really not sure about the background words from 3 min. 10 sec. Can you correct me with this part???
#325213 by detoxdetox
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:57 am
P.P.S. I checked all the web and didn't find this part...