All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

What is your favourite Ocean Machine song?

5%
5%
7%
7%
3%
3%
3%
3%
0%
0%
0%
0%
2%
2%
0%
0%
3%
3%
7%
7%
12%
12%
8%
8%
#26281 by Gossamer Wings
Mon May 31, 2004 8:10 pm
OK - Given that we know from the AE poll that the favourite songs are Deadhead, Storm and Suicide, the idea is this. I will gradually host polls of all the other DT projects, and once complete, take the two or three top favourites to host a Greatest DT Song Ever poll. So - starting with OCean Machine, go ahead and let us know which track is your favourite. Choose wisely my friends. GW.

#26283 by DimeWeed
Mon May 31, 2004 8:33 pm
I chose Funeral because it is at the start of the last section of the album (as it runs into Bastard, which in turn runs into TDOM, but we all know this..) and on that album is the first really EPIC sounding song that gave me a view into what I wanted to get out of Devin's music. My favourite part is "The day's gone and the year's gone
And I don't know when I'm coming home
I can't hold on to what I've had
When what I've had
There's nothing left at all... " his vocals here are so evocative.

and the extra drum beat towards the end of the song after 'i don't need your home'

pure Devin Gold :string:

#26295 by flood_of_rain
Mon May 31, 2004 9:55 pm
I know its still early on in the thread but its good to see that Funeral has already taken a step ahead ;)
it is so hard to choose since Ocean Machine is one of the few albums that i cant find 1 track which i dont like, that makes it hard to single out a track coz each one has a different meaning to me. I love Thea Death Of Music since i have listened to it more than any other but i chose "Funeral" since it brought out the most emotion in me...

#26296 by Gossamer Wings
Mon May 31, 2004 9:59 pm
True - even though only 7 people have voted - I am surprised that no one has chosen TDOM or regulator yet. I myself choose greetings. Bloody hard decision but it's my favourite at the moment. I just love that guitar intro. Epic!

#26297 by DimeWeed
Mon May 31, 2004 10:02 pm
Woo Hoo - another Funeral addict. I love the way it just creeps up on you after 'regulator' has finished - with all of the bits in the background comoing together when the bass kicks in - it is the most 'Terria' sounding song on the record (in my opinion), and it conjures up an image of a mountainous, slow-moving wave - deep and constantly evolving.

#26298 by DimeWeed
Mon May 31, 2004 10:04 pm
Gossamer Wings wrote:True - even though only 7 people have voted - I am surprised that no one has chosen TDOM or regulator yet. I myself choose greetings. Bloody hard decision but it's my favourite at the moment. I just love that guitar intro. Epic!

the votes will come, (and when they do, don't forget 'Life'!)

#26299 by Gossamer Wings
Mon May 31, 2004 10:06 pm
Yes - life, Oh and Seventh Wave. Damn it - They're all so good!

#26300 by the fluke
Mon May 31, 2004 10:10 pm
hard choice as to me this is the perfect album. it is beautifully composed and balanced. also has THE most epic ending to an album of all times.

ended up choosing "night" purely because of the memories it evokes. it was the perfect soundtrack for roaming the streets of tokyo and snowboarding the monuntains of nagano. also has my favouite line in any song "And I love you more than I can say But I hate you every other way".....magical

#26301 by Coma Divine
Mon May 31, 2004 10:11 pm
The Death Of Music. I've briefly explained why in the thread with the song's title. There are so many brilliant pieces on OM, but in all my years on this planet I have seldom heard anything that has made an impact on me like this song. Quite a journey.
    Oh yeah, you forgot "Thing Beyond Things". :wink:

#26304 by DimeWeed
    Mon May 31, 2004 10:23 pm
    Oh yeah, you forgot "Thing Beyond Things". :wink:[/quote]

true!! The scream at the end of that track is SO theraputic. :twisted:

#26305 by Gossamer Wings
    Mon May 31, 2004 10:28 pm
    Hmm - I definately put Things Beyond Things in the Poll. maybe there's a limit to how many poll items you can have. Should have taken out sister if that is the case. I dunno what happened.

#26357 by BrunoN
    Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:57 am
    Entire OM is one song for me, particular tracks are only parts of it :)
    However, highest point is "Voices in The Fan". Aural ecstasy.

#26361 by Guest
    Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:01 am
    That's too hard, but I will play this game one more time

I will go for "Life". For me This is Dev radio hit, if Dev was played on good radios :)

Geoff

#26376 by FinnAtLondon
    Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:44 am
    Hard one. Really constant performance on this album, which is my favourite from Dev. I voted Bastard but I really could have voted for Regulator or Sevent Wave too.

#26381 by Metalmonkey
    Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:48 am
    I voted The Death of Music, this is this kind of song that makes me shiver everytime i listen to it :)