The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#298078 by Cosmic Sea
Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:49 pm
So here I am, sitting at my laptop, seeing if I might actually get some school work done. Gave Infinity a spin. Then in "Dynamics", at 3:40 into the song, I noticed these blinking/clicking sounds. I could very well be just hearing things, but to me they sound VERY much like the sound that Facebook makes when you get a new chat message. :shock:

*blink-blink*
[youtube]1sXH4MQfAEQ#t=3m40s[/youtube]
^ The click occur around 3:44 in this YT clip.
Edit: Oh, apparently the youtube tag doesn't understand linking to specific time in the video. Clickity-click then.

What do you think? :?
#298094 by JuZ
Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm
Sitting next to a sleeping baby so I can't play the clip right now (although, what with Dynamics being an all time favourite of mine, he's very familiar with the song already).

But it would be an impressive feat of either time travel or visions of the future by Dev if he managed to sample Facebook when recording Infinity!
#298144 by Cosmic Sea
Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm
Lolliklauer wrote:I don't hear nothing. At 3:44 i hear an echo of the vocals ("Unsure? Well, here's help with the weight - weight"). Maybe it's because i quit facebook a year ago?

Do you mean that sound?

[youtube]da8XuSj5ljQ[/youtube]

Or did you mean THAT one? ;-)

I meant the first one, but now that you showed me that video, I think there must be some hooga-hooga in there too. :D
But yeah, it's just that 'chatton' sound I hear in there occurring twice, starting during the first "weight" in that line "well, here's help with the weight."

Well anyway, I wouldn't find it strange at all for that blink sound to exist well before the launch of Facebook (and its chat to be precise) and somehow finding its way into the song, but c'mon time travelling, how cool is that? :mrgreen:
#298145 by Lolliklauer
Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:15 pm
I think i know what you mean. It seems to be part of the vocal layers. Maybe it's the sound that occurs when Dev begins to sing these high notes in some kind of "cracking" voice (don't know if this is the right word in english) in some vocal layers. Plus echoes and compression it may result in that sound you hear.

Or time travelling, of course.