Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#138831 by organic spiral
Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 pm
I was just listening to physicist and wanted to throw some love around for IMO a very underrated song. Such a short and violent track. Would almost give OMFG a run for its money if it wasn't so playful. It never fails to impress me. Anyone else?

#138872 by Blazingmonga
Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:40 am
Completely, totally and absolutely.

As far as crushing goes, this is probably one of the most intense Devy songs out there. The distort vocals are something I don't think Devin has used quite so prominently as he has here, and I think they really work. I agree on the 'playful', certainly in the last few moments...it really dances around you there.

And, of course, it is another tour de force for Gene!

#139066 by Deathcom7000
Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:02 pm
I completely agree. I LOVE that one part...

Whaaats your huuuuurryyyy
Hooome grooown
suuureeeey
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!

Such a brutal track.

#142442 by Eyesore
Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:59 pm
It's my least favorite track on the album.

#142456 by the toilet
Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:55 pm
The way the track ends, leading into Devoid.........beautiful. There are 2 or 3 tracks on Physicist that could sit comfortably on an SYL record IMO, namely Namaste, Victim and Death.

I love Physicist, the whole record is underrated, even by Dev himself. :(

#142643 by Zyprexa
Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:15 am
I think Physicist should be a SYL album. It's got all the things Dev's work hides away and Strapping's has in barrelfuls. The growley stuff is particularly impressive. Death is spectacular, though I don't think it's the best song on the album. With Physicist it's all about placement. Namaste sets the album up nicely with its BANG BANG BANG element and Planet Rain closes it nicely. The bonus tracks I've managed to get my hands on are a nice treat too. :)

#142694 by Deathcom7000
Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:06 pm
Trackss? The only hidden track I know is the song Forgotten?, unlesss you have a japanese version or something.

#142701 by Goat
Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:21 pm
Physicist is phine as it is, and it is as a "not Strapping" album. If it were, it would be judged as a "way off" album. The thing is though that Gene plays it as if it were a Strapping album. In the end that eerieness gives Physicist that special "in between" flavour. I love Physicist. :D

#142741 by danceswithchickens
Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:00 am
I love it too.

Regarding "Death", it is a special song because:
1. It is the heaviest on the album.
2. It is the only song on it that comes close to sounding aggressive (Physicist is unique in that it is heavy and fast without being angry or aggressive).
3. It has INSANE drumming.
4. It is one of the few songs where Dev utilizes heavily distorted vocals (kind of a waste of his voice, but it suits the song).
5. Riff-wise, it is a death metal song, moreso than just about any other song Dev has done.

#142824 by Deathcom7000
Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:33 am
What makes the album different from strapping is that Strapping is pure brutalness, with a fist shooting out from it's pelvis, giving the finger. With physicist, it still gives off the energetic vibe, but without the hate and violence. It's more of an ego boost, energetic kinda thing. This song though, does come close to Strapping's sound.

#142830 by djskrimp
Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:47 am
Eyesore wrote:It's my least favorite track on the album.

Eyesore, with so little to say? C'mon, man, elaborate. I wanna know why...enquiring minds want to know...spill the beans, brother.

#142835 by JuZ
Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:17 am
Deathcom7000 wrote:What makes the album different from strapping is that Strapping is pure brutalness, with a fist shooting out from it's pelvis, giving the finger.

:lol: Quote of the day :lol:

#142844 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:05 am
Eyesore wrote:It's my least favorite track on the album.

I concur. It doesn't fit on the album and just tries to be "Oh My Fucking God" Mk.II. I usually skip it. In comparison, Shitstorm is so much better. As for Physicist being a Strapping album, I said it ealier: why not? Either call The New Black "Physicist II" or call the Physicist project an SYL album.
:P

#142848 by Goat
Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:41 am
Bah. :roll: