The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#138029 by Mazaro
Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:06 pm
"Mora" as a succubus really seems to fit. To me it seems like he's using it to mean a 'dream girl' in general. Imaginary but ideal.

#138353 by Naffis-kun
Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:37 am
..more than mora meeeaaans!

Hey hey hey the URL of this forum has changed! I've been missin a lot.

#138398 by Planet Rain
Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:53 pm
does the mora relate to any specific dev song?

#138455 by Goat
Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:53 am
Mora is mentioned in Critic and Canada.

#139848 by into the voigtex
Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:34 pm
I remember this question was asked many years ago on the old HDR email list. Unfortunately I don't have any of the emails from those days, so I'll have to rely on my rusty memory...

... but I seem to recall Tracy mentioning that Mora was something like Dev's word for "divine female energy", present in everyone. Kind of like one's feminine side, I guess.

Ro

#139851 by Planet Rain
Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:10 pm
shit i should actually read the threads before making posts eh

#139856 by Planet Rain
Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:29 pm
In Polish mythology, mora are the souls of living people that leave the body during the night, and are seen as wisps of straw or hair or as moths. In certain Slavic languages, derivatives of word mora actually mean moth (for example, see Czech word můra).

In Serbian language, word "mora" refers to a "nightmare". Mora or Mara is one of the spirits from ancient Slav mythology. Mara was a dark spirit that takes a form of a beautiful woman and then visits men in their dreams, torturing them with desire, and dragging life out of them.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mora_%28mythology%29

sounds like there are a few more different interpretations aswell

MORA, MARA, MORENA, MARZENA
goddess of harsh winters, cold, suffering, death and all corresponding emotions. Her name is obviously derived from common Slavic root "mor" (death, deadly illness) or from verb "moriti" (to murder, to kill). Another relation can be made to pan-Slavic word "morz" (frost, cold). Mora inhabits the Underworld and controls the souls of deceased which are also called "mora".
Mora can easily be identified with ancient Germanic Hell, whos name in Germanic languages later started meaning Christian "Underworld". Just like Nordic deadmen's mistress, Mora can bring death, rule the deceased and decide who shall enter the Nav and who shall not.
Such relation doesn't exist between Slavic Mora and Hellenic Persepho, who was kidnapped by Hades into the Underworld but never really belonged there. Certain parallels, though, can be made with ancient Greek Hecate who also inhabits hell and sometimes brings death, leading the deceased souls in Hades' estates.

[/url]

also where is the song critic from?
#317426 by daevly
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:31 pm
I know this thread is from 2007 but the lyrics are still up-to-date.
My idea was to swap the letters and change it to amor = love.dont ask me for the Name of this move...maybe it was just my subconscious Interpretation or devs .