Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

Your favourite of the two?

41%
41%
9%
9%
#204803 by Wander
Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:04 pm
Helge-Uwe wrote:must be deadhead, an all-time classic and a live must-see. the version on the Safezone DVD is incomparable to anything else.. too good to be true, I love it. this not-from-this-world emotion from Dev gives me shivers everytime I see it.

Oh yes! I couldn't believe he could pull off the vocals like that, live. Stunning.
#222023 by darkenthesky
Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:58 pm
Helge-Uwe wrote:the version on the Safezone DVD is incomparable to anything else.. too good to be true, I love it. this not-from-this-world emotion from Dev gives me shivers everytime I see it.

I was going to use that example myself. :D

I, too, get shivers from that "not-from-this-world" emotion that Devy delivers. It's almost as if I can feel the pain and can relate to the place that he goes to in order to deliver it. One instance (on the DVD version of Deadhead) is when he makes the transition from the softer vocals into the harsher vocals, you can see him sort of pump himself up. The expression on his face changes and there's this sort of anger/raw emotion that sticks out like a sore thumb. It's very moving to see a musician put that kind of emotion into a work of art, and I can absolutely appreciate that (being a musician myself). And this displayed emotion makes such a connection with me, that Deadhead EASILY gets my vote - and is my favorite song ever written by Devin.
#224160 by anoxiauk
Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:17 am
Deadhead is just glorious. Especially when the vocals first come in...real spine tingling moment.

Loved Away much more live...the way it was blended into Mountain was awesome.
#250103 by Guigui
Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:04 am
Whaaaouu !
Deadhead 82 %
Away 18 %

Well, for me, Deadhead is one of the first songs that made me enter inside Devin's musical world.
Just awesome and chilling.