Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

#146148 by Synthetic_Urination
Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:50 am
I've really never heard anyone talk about Slow Me Down, I believe that song has a lot of power behind it with a catchy tune and easy to sing along with, I'm actually doing an acoustic version of it very soon and sending it on in to HDR and see what they think =)

#148942 by Crisis+Devoid=00013
Tue May 08, 2007 9:10 pm
Or, you can just copy and paste the line you want to quote from someone's post, and put this before it:

and this after it:
(note the / )
(note the / )

cheers!

#148943 by Crisis+Devoid=00013
Tue May 08, 2007 9:14 pm
ahhhh! and now i understand the 'note the /' bit!
ok, sorry, off track completly; Suicide rules (the song, i mean, not the... yeah)...
haha...

cool.

#148997 by RastaPappi
Wed May 09, 2007 5:09 am
Anidar wrote:oh yeah. you guys are not the only ones who gets chills down your spines.. love the song! love it love it love it.

i have to say the same

#149969 by Beelzebobo
Sun May 20, 2007 1:03 pm
Such a good song. His guitar in this song proves how technically skilled he is, plus his vocals are so memorable
#173090 by Thrashartist
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm
I got this album today, and when I heard this song, it instantly hit home for me.
I instantly related the chorus to my personality, which was a shock, yet very cool at the same time.

I'd say its in my top 5 favorites from Devin's work.
#242184 by antikythera
Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Three pages and not a word about the beautiful synth section at the very end of the song?

It's so phenomenal and it's the sole reason I love Suicide so much. It's perfect. I would give the world to hear a full song out of it. Perhaps on Ghost...
#243805 by jburde
Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:02 pm
antikythera wrote:Three pages and not a word about the beautiful synth section at the very end of the song?

It's so phenomenal and it's the sole reason I love Suicide so much. It's perfect. I would give the world to hear a full song out of it. Perhaps on Ghost...

I heard that was sampled from Igor Stravinsky's famous song "Rite of Spring." Nevertheless, that 7 seconds is beautiful, and extremely fitting way to end the song
#243834 by Chimairacle
Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 am
jburde wrote:
antikythera wrote:Three pages and not a word about the beautiful synth section at the very end of the song?

I heard that was sampled from Igor Stravinsky's famous song "Rite of Spring." Nevertheless, that 7 seconds is beautiful, and extremely fitting way to end the song

It is pretty reminiscent of "Rite of Spring". Personally though those last few seconds aren't really enough to warrant a whole song. Maybe if I was more of an ambience fan...it's such a shame. I used to be so into all that stuff but now I feel life is rushing by me so fast I don't have the patience for it. I don't know if that makes sense...but it does in my head. :wink:
#270403 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:16 am
No song off AE resonates with me more than Suicide. It draws me in completely, and while other tracks like Depth Charge or Random Analysis are certainly memorable and can come into my mind in an instant (if I happen to be thinking of this album, that is), this one plays loudest.
Maybe it's because I'm one of those people who find bleak music to be more cathartic than happy music. They both have their place, after all, yet I feel more refreshed after hearing this song than any other from AE. It could also be because, IMO, it has the best songwriting and overall structure. You know what, both.
#272884 by No OnE
Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:43 am
This fucking song, it's beautiful on a musical level, but man does it rip me a new asshole each time I hear it. Lyrically, it's 500x more intense than the musical aspect if you relate to it. I personally resonate with the words immensely. The subject of this song, 10000 lies to keep it inside, it's not a great feeling by any means. It's honest however, and if you can be honest, then you can confront and overcome your internal struggles in an equally honest manner, if you honestly believe you've done no wrong. By all means, It's something I'm still working on! I really wonder what it's gonna be like once it's all over with and taken care of...

To anyone who relates to the lyrics of this song and is still in the fight of it, then by all means, you're not alone. Stand your ground and know why, because it's all that you can do!