The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#171778 by Drumdude13
Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:11 am
ey Everyone,

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!

The Terror Syndrome debut album is officially out for download world wide as of today - July 10th, 2008! We were notified yesterday that our album was ready to go up a month earlier than expected. So you can now officially buy the entire Terror Syndrome album at iTUNES, Rhapsody and Napster. The download sites may say it was released on June 9th, that obviously is not the case, that is when our album was submitted to the various digital companies. July 10th 2008 is the official release date.

You can now hear all the guest appearances and the full scope of what Terror Syndrome is all about. This album has some twisted moments and surprises for you listeners but overall it's going to rip your face off!!! Check back soon for more info to be released on our debut album.

Support and spread the TERROR, buy the album!!! We plan on getting out to tour very soon but this can only happen with your support. You fans have been awesome up to this point and now we really need you to spread and support the TERROR as much as you can. Good things will happen for everyone involved....

The TERROR is out, start spreading....

Horns High,

Ryan and Terror Syndrome

PS.... Let us know what you think about the album!!!! Post on our My Space Page in the Comments or Blog sections. Feedback on the album will always be welcome and we can't wait to hear what you guys have to say! Horns High!!!
#171781 by Biert
Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:02 am
Awesome! Can't wait to hear it :D

Too bad it's only an online release though. Napster and Rhapsody only seem to work in the US and iTunes is just a bitch. I don't want to give my money to Apple :(
#171927 by Drumdude13
Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:02 pm
Persuader wrote:Online only huh? I'd like a disc...but I guess I'll have to learn how to use Itunes some day anyway. 8)

Yeah I know.... trust me I want to release a disc ASAP as well but at the moment the online release is the way to go right now. It's also the most affordable right now as well!!! :lol:

I paid for the album from start to finish and still need to finish paying for it before I can print CD's. As long as the fans of the band support it... then we'll see Cd's and some touring. Thanks to those of you supporting it... this beast of an album took a while for me to make for many unfortunate reasons, but in the end I'm very proud of it and stoked to finally have it completed.

The Dev did an amazing job mixing it never mind the mind blowing solo he did in "Spinning Backwards", pretty crazy stuff. The album sounds bloody awesome! Thanks again to the man, he's one talented and creative dude when it comes to making, producing, engineering and mixing music!

Thanks again to those supporting Terror Syndrome, it means a ton to me. This album really is a release for me and something I always wanted to do. Hope you dig the album as much as I do....

Stay posted for more news on TS and I'll keep you all posted on the CD situation when it becomes a reality.

Best,

RVP
#172031 by Persuader
Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:28 am
Ok, cool Ryan!

It'll be nice to get the finished thing, it's been a while (three years?) since you first mentioned you were doing a solo album! It must feel awesome to finally get it out of your system. I'll check out Itunes/Rhapsody asap.
#172039 by Drumdude13
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 am
Persuader wrote:Ok, cool Ryan!

It'll be nice to get the finished thing, it's been a while (three years?) since you first mentioned you were doing a solo album! It must feel awesome to finally get it out of your system. I'll check out Itunes/Rhapsody asap.

Yeah it does feel good to finally have the album done, it's been over a couple years since I mentioned it for surer. I'm very happy with the end results. Hope you enjoy the record bro.... let me know what you think once you've heard it. Take care....

Best,

RVP
#172083 by Biert
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:33 am
From RVP forums:

Biert wrote:I'm shite at writing reviews, but I'll try to say what I think anyway Razz

After hearing this album about a dozen times, all I can say is "This is gooood Very Happy".
We had already heard the first couple of songs we had already heard on MySpace. They all displayed the main ingredient of the album, they're heavy and aggressive, yet melodic and diverse. Denton's vocals put a clear mark on all the tracks, and drums are much less prominent than you might expect, yet very RVP.

When we read track 6, something is different though. A very Opethish acoustic intro, this is a much calmer track, the mellowest one with vocals. They're not the typical screaming vocals either, this shows Denton can sing too. There's still quite some 'heat' in the vocals but it's much cleaner than the rest.

Rusty Trombone is the first instrumental on the CD. I can't say much about it, Alex Skolnick plays some good solo's on it, and I really like the Trio-ish thing he does at the very end of it. For the track that's most anticipated on this forum, it's probably a bit disappointing Razz

Then we get to My Next Victim, very catchy track with probably my favourite drumming of the entire album. This track defines groove.

One Crime Closer To Hell and Disposable Empire are probably the two most anonymous tracks on the album, don't really stand out much. But then...

Spinning Backwards has to be my favourite track. It's a masterpiece. It's... insane! Laughing When I had just finished listening to the album for the first time, I just sat there "What? Surprised", listened to Spinning Backwards again, and again. It's totally crazy, the bass lines of Manring are crazy and Dev just solo's his fucking fingers off! Awesome! Very Happy

All in all, a fantastic end to a very good album, I'm happy Wink

Thanks for the feedback Biert!

It's always good to hear opinions from the fans. Anyone else who has the album.... give your review, I'd love to read it.

My insight....

"Motionless" is song 6 on the album. That was technically the first song I wrote for the album, then "Thrill Pill" and so on. I think "Motionless" adds a nice break from all the heaviness on the album. "Rusty Trombone" actually is appearing to be a favorite for downloads right now!!! Lots of people have emailed me about it saying how much they love it. It may not be everyones cup of tea but it definitely is different and again it adds a different flavor to the album. I agree with you on "Spinning Backwards" Biert..... I told Devin to write the most whacked out thing he could and he did!!!! That track is nuts and I love it, perfect way to end the album I thought. The majority of the album is 'kick you in the balls or the cunt' METAL!!!!! As for my drumming.... I didn't want it to be a HUGE drum solo throughout the album, instead I wanted drums that complimented the songs I wrote.... I think I achieved that ? Overall, I'm very happy with it and am EXTREMELY happy with all the feedback we're getting on My Space.... it is awesome!

Thanks again for everyones support and to whoever got the record.... let me know what you think! You alll rule!

Best,

RVP

And for those of you interested, the lyrics are in the Terror Syndrome MySpace Blog (http://www.myspace.com/terrorsyndrome)
#172811 by Biert
Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:28 am
There's a new MP3 up on their MySpace page and it's my goddamn favourite :D

Spinning Backwards is totally mad, it has Michael Manring on bass and Devin Townsend on guitar :D The song itself is totally 'out there' and it's just total awesomeness so I suggest you all go check it out right now!

http://www.myspace.com/terrorsyndromeband

Thank you very much :)

(Oh and buy the album on iTunes, Napster, Rhapsody or Amazon ;))
#172935 by Drumdude13
Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 pm
Abydost wrote:Heard a couple of songs on your MySpace, it sounds awesome, and I'm hoping to pick up the album in form of a disc some day :D

Thanks Abydost!

Glad you dug what you heard. The whole album is a trip from start to finish and Devin's guest appearance is SICK!!!! We'll work on a CD at some point but for now it's only going to be through digital download. Thanks for the support bro and spread the TERROR!

Best,

RVP
#205855 by Tobylove
Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:32 am
The album is simply amazing ! Congrats' to all of you guys ! You did a hell of a job Ryan !!!
the guest appearances are unexcpected !!! Alex Skolnick !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Let us know about this CD printing thing… i'll be the first on the list 8)

Spinning backwards is…………… :shock: I dont have the words !!!
#206365 by Drumdude13
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 am
Tobylove wrote:The album is simply amazing ! Congrats' to all of you guys ! You did a hell of a job Ryan !!!
the guest appearances are unexcpected !!! Alex Skolnick !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Let us know about this CD printing thing… i'll be the first on the list 8)

Spinning backwards is…………… :shock: I dont have the words !!!

Thanks very much bro! I'm extremely happy with how the album turned out. Dev did an amazing job on mixing it as well. I'm very proud of the recording and glad I went through with it.

Thanks for your kind words on the album, I appreciate the support. I'm working on the CD release for this year. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the support,

Best,

RVP