Speak your own language here...

#107830 by CardDinour
Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:52 pm
happy australia day guys! :)

i had a fun one, drinks, swimming, bbq, movie, what more could you want :) oh and cricket :D

#107865 by JuZ
Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:36 am
Right back atcha big fella! I had an awwwright one myself... hanging out with my wifey, watching cricket and listening to hours of hevy devy pumping through the stereo for the first time in too long. Good prep work for when I get my little copy of Synchestra.

#113199 by CardDinour
Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:24 pm
anyone goin to the games? im not, but its gunna be busy as hell commuting to uni each day :(

#113200 by DimeWeed
Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:31 pm
Commonwealth games...Meh.

:?

#113207 by Coma Divine
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:25 pm
Oh God.......3 years rebuilding a Railway Station in preparation for this...

We gonna be busy... :(

#113214 by DimeWeed
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:44 pm
any new tram action?

#113217 by Coma Divine
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:57 pm
A lot of new trams out, and lots of big new tram stops built all over the CBD of Melbourne.

Busy place these days.

#113222 by into the voigtex
Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:23 pm
Coma Divine wrote:A lot of new trams out, and lots of big new tram stops built all over the CBD of Melbourne.

If anyone happens to notice a big green coloured tram with a platypus on the side of it... spare a moment and think of me.

That's one of mine.

Oh, and all those bus-stops and tram stops around with the girl doing the splits in mid-air and lobbing a polystyrene cup into a green bin ... that's one of mine too.

:D

#113223 by Coma Divine
Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:35 pm
I hope they were done in an official capacity, and not the result of a drunken, late-night "tagfest"... :wink:

I'll keep an eye out next time I cast my evil shadow over Melbourne's unsuspecting streets.

#113314 by mo
Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:06 am
is that why you have all those stupid bending pointlessly expensive pillars everywhere?

#113654 by CardDinour
Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 am
what pillars?!??!

and those new tram stops are killer.

and about spencer street station, before i went to Europe i just saw it as a redevelopment, now that ive come back, it measures up to some really big stations over there. so it really looks like a major gateway to the rest of the state/country, im proud.

and if i catch ANYONE calling it Southern Cross, ill slap their face silly. what a fucking shit name that is.

:)

#113700 by mo
Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:13 pm
when we were driving into the melb the other day (I'm from shitney) there were all these pillars along the freeway and they were lined up along the side of the road and yeah... i'll try get some footage cos we took videos of it.

#113711 by into the voigtex
Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:52 pm
mo wrote:when we were driving into the melb the other day (I'm from shitney) there were all these pillars along the freeway and they were lined up along the side of the road and yeah... i'll try get some footage cos we took videos of it.

Apparently they're supposed to resemble a kind of zipper opening up as you're travelling down the freeway entering Melbourne.

There are, however, more colloquial names for most of these artistic pillar thingies. Some of them have more than one.

The yellow one is sometimes called the "cheese-stick" by locals. The red ones have been called "dinosaur bones" (among other things).

After passing the pillars there is a section of freeway partially enclosed in an oval-shaped section of curving metal pillars & supports, supposedly as a sound-reducing device for homes in surrounding suburbs.

Everyone I know just calls it the "time tunnel".

I don't have any pictures but I'll try to find some.

#113726 by CardDinour
Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:19 pm
city link rocks!! :)