Archived
#87735 by DevonH
Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:53 am
I'm very interested in knowing how you are able to sing the way you do with the endurance you have.

I think I'm a pretty good vocalist and can sing clean as well as scream, and I've often stuck myself in a closet full o clothes, burried my face in a pillow and screamed my guts out starting from the lowest growl to the highest scream....kinda like a sine wave, lol.
I just know it kills my throat afterwards....what do you do to practice vocals and keep endurance and keep yourself consistant?

Thanks man... :D

#95747 by classy camron
Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:47 am
hey im a singer too i have been doing it for years i started doing shitty punk covers when i was like 13 or so thats like 10 years or so ago so i got practice but i know what you mean by going from such a clean singing sound to sounding like your getting murdered or something just like the first thing any singer needs to do is learn to breath from your gut me i have a what most girls say is "a sexy rough voice" and i maintain that with cigarettes and whiskey but in order to really get my point across in an agressive way from nice and beautiful to fatally evil is seriously from passion and true heart i have to feel it and when i play a show i feed off of everyone in the crowd plus the rest of the band and just kick teeth in(metaphoricly speaking) and i dont know how i really did it but from years of doing it i guess i just trained my voice into it im probly going to be a mute by the time im 40 but oh well its cool for now sorry im not devin but i hope i helped in some way

#95765 by Biert
Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:41 am
classy camron wrote:hey im a singer too i have been doing it for years i started doing shitty punk covers when i was like 13 or so thats like 10 years or so ago so i got practice but i know what you mean by going from such a clean singing sound to sounding like your getting murdered or something just like the first thing any singer needs to do is learn to breath from your gut me i have a what most girls say is "a sexy rough voice" and i maintain that with cigarettes and whiskey but in order to really get my point across in an agressive way from nice and beautiful to fatally evil is seriously from passion and true heart i have to feel it and when i play a show i feed off of everyone in the crowd plus the rest of the band and just kick teeth in(metaphoricly speaking) and i dont know how i really did it but from years of doing it i guess i just trained my voice into it im probly going to be a mute by the time im 40 but oh well its cool for now sorry im not devin but i hope i helped in some way

It's just one sentence. Amazing. 209 words, in one single sentence.

#95768 by Chris
Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 am
Biert wrote:It's just one sentence. Amazing. 209 words, in one single sentence.

As far as I'm concerned, I just don't know what amazes me more - either that a sentence can contain 209 words or that someone actually counts them :wink:

#95773 by Biert
Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:59 am
Chris wrote:
Biert wrote:It's just one sentence. Amazing. 209 words, in one single sentence.

As far as I'm concerned, I just don't know what amazes me more - either that a sentence can contain 209 words or that someone actually counts them :wink:

Copy/paste to Word, Tools, Word Count

#95782 by Chris
Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:31 am
Biert wrote:Copy/paste to Word, Tools, Word Count

Ok, so I'll keep on taking you serious, Biert :drink:

...and thumbs up for you new avatar.

#96065 by classy camron
Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:24 pm
It's just one sentence. Amazing. 209 words, in one single sentence.

so are you trying to be a dick or something?

#96103 by Blazingmonga
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:49 pm
classy camron wrote:It's just one sentence. Amazing. 209 words, in one single sentence.

so are you trying to be a dick or something?

Hopefully not classy camron, as he knows how little we tolerate....errr...just about anything in this place! I think some people just have a bit too much time on their hands.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! I am sure that you will find that your typing skills are not really relevant here...this is just a friendly place to chat about music.

PS: My name is David and I am here to help.

#96153 by classy camron
Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:38 am
yeah man it sure seems that way David but im gonna pass as it is in life once people are labled they pretty much stick to that name so apperantly they dont really have to much heart about music cause music and music people are all about getting away from people judging them so....im gonna find some place that with people that know where their hearts are

#96186 by Biert
Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:33 am
I'm not trying to be a dick at all! I understand you feel offended, but I didn't mean to offend you.

I was just trying to say, that some capitalization and interpunction never hurt anyone. I lost track of what you were trying to say after the first line and I'm affraid I'm not the only one. If you try to bring some structure to your posts, others will understand what you're trying to say.

And I appologize for being a dick.

#96887 by Matthijs K.
Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:43 am
Dude, I think you chased him away.

#96922 by Biert
Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:16 am
Matthijs K. wrote:Dude, I think you chased him away.

No I think I've seen him around afterwards. And he used interpuntcion, too! His posts made sense.