Archived
#73075 by EphelDuath666
Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:19 am
Hi Dev, no idea if you will ever get to read this but I have a question. I´ve read an interview with you two years ago or so where you said that you could imagine to work with Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree. Then I read an interview with Steven Wilson where he said that he could imagine to work with you...welllllllllllllllllll, get the idea? :D Will that ever happen? PLEASE? I know that there are some people on this forum that would love to see this happen as well! And both of you are my personal definition for the word Genius so I think a collaboration between the two of you would be amazing!

-Lars-

#73092 by Coma Divine
Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:14 am
Right, well I'm not going to wait for anyone to answer this - because I believe that such a situation could be the greatest encounter since Stanley met Livingstone...

These 2 guys have been, in my almost 41 years of orbiting the Sun - the quintessence of intelligently conceived, brilliantly written and magnificently executed wondrous music. All here are well aware of Devin's fantastic body of work, and Steven Wilson as the driving force of Porcupine Tree - IMHO the true successors to Pink Floyd - an unassuming prodigy...witness his work with Opeth on Blackwater Park, Deliverance and Damnation.

Such stunning soundscapes could be the result of this intriguing posible future...

If you ever get around to reading this Dev...give it a thought. 8)
(you can back me up anytime here Ryan)
Thanks.
Dave.

(oh, and the thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have no relationship with that other guy above with whom I have no affiliation whatsoever...)
:wink:

#73128 by Drumdude13
Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:43 am
This would be the best collaboration Dev could do in my opinion. I would, of course, have to drum on it !!!!!!! I'm the biggest Porcupine Tree fan along with a HUGE Devy fan (even though I play in the DTB...I know) and I think the two of them would do amazing stuff, they could add my drumming to it too :lol: I'd lay down some bad fuckin' ass drum parts ! This has got to happen.......I'm going to bug Dev about it ! Oh yeah, did I mention I should drum on it too :twisted:

#73130 by Blazingmonga
Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:51 am
Good to hear that Ryan!

And hey, maybe you could drum on it too? Heh.

-David

#73131 by EphelDuath666
Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:53 am
YAY!!!! Yeah, bug him about it Ryan! Good to know that there´s a huge PT fan in the DTB! And it would be awesome if you would lay down the drums for that project then! Yay yay yay...awesome things might happen :D I´ll now cross my fingers and won´t stop till my dream becomes true.

#73133 by HevyMinik
Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:27 pm
I'd vote for it, too!
And Ryan! You should be playing kick ass drums for that project!

M.

#75212 by asparagusDuck
Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:14 pm
Somebody should ask Ryan if he would consider drumming for that type of project. If only he'd give us some kind of clue of whether he'd be interested or not. :wink:

#75330 by Catatonik
Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:45 am
Steve Wilson and Devin Townsend... :shock:

I can't even imagine what that would be like...

Oh hey Ryan, ya think if Gene doesn't wanna do the drums you'll step in ;)

#75461 by simen_88
Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:41 pm
I wonder if Ryan would be interested in drumming on that album...

#75936 by asparagusDuck
Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 pm
i just got my first porcupine cd in the mail today, in absentia. pretty cool stuff, a lot more mellow than i had expected. put me right to sleep, i love when an album does that! nothing like relaxing and fading out to some good music.

#76074 by EphelDuath666
Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:12 pm
Don´t know if it makes sense to post this because I don´t know if it´s gonna work out...but I just had contact with a guy from Munich who will interview Steven Wilson and I asked him if he could ask Wilson whether he could imagine to work with Devin Townsend. I told him that Ryan is a big fan and that he already told Devin about that idea and that Dev was very curious about it. That guy said that he will check out Devin's stuff and see if that question makes sense for his interview and if it does then he´ll ask. BUT, of course I cannot promise a thing. But at least it's another attempt to get things going :D

#76267 by Tim
Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:00 am
Nah, they should use the guy from that 'Non-human level' thing.