Archived

#61378 by mo
Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:32 pm
flood_of_rain wrote:sorry guys :(

I honestly didnt mean for something like that to happen.
i was running Opera (the browser) and nothign seemed to come up for me.
if anybody got any adware coz of it, im truly sorry, i was just trying to help out :(
I'm downloading said song from a friend now. if it is the right one, then i will let you guys know and will share it over msn to avoid further troubles. again, i am sorry...

From a guy with a myriad of nerd friends, download firefox 1.0, best browser on the market.

#61384 by simen_88
Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Trackers aren't that nasty, really. They just tell the site what site you were on before you came to them, mainly to know where to advertise. I still delete 'em whenever I can.

#61389 by Guest
Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:49 pm
There was a virus on the site linked ...

#61391 by simen_88
Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:50 pm
That's slightly worse. What did it do?

#61502 by silentphil
Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:57 am
Hmm... I searched for this song on every file sharing program I have, including eMule and I still can't find it. Is there any way someone can e-mail it to me or send it through AIM or MSN messenger?

#61643 by SvenTheMan
Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:57 am
Just what I said: I don't find this song either.

#61653 by Falk
Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:03 pm
Ha ? I found it on emule, it's 5'55" long.
That's some choire for sure but I can't recognize anything like in Voices In The Fan...
So I'm not sure that's the right one. Maybe it's part of a full opera called Timor & Tremor so it may not be the right track.

#72085 by Magical Man
Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:52 am
Hey!! :)

I'm glad there's a topic about this piece! :D
Timor Et Tremor was one of the first music pieces i've listened to when i was very young, and it still moves me!

People, if you can find it on the internet, don't be suprised. I believe Dev used the song as a basis for doing a whole new arrangement instead of using it as it is.
Listen to the original, and then to the Voices In The Fan version, you can hear some of the original articulations easily, but he probably cut it in sections to play around with it.

#98664 by BLOOOR
Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:57 am
so, do we know which particular recording/performance of the work he used?
or even if its his own performance of it?!? (its possible....)

by the way, shouldn't this be credited somewhere?

#98681 by Falk
Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:57 am
Mmh don't really know.
The guy is obvioulsy dead a long time ago so his work is now in the public domain I guess, but the orchestra or choirs or whatever that interpreted it may not be that dead^^.
#98924 by Tracy
Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:02 pm
hairy wrote:
bloodredcurls wrote:Hey, someone here on the forum had said they figured out what the chorale part at the end of 'voices in the fan' was.
I didn't make a note of it when I had the chance :oops: .
I would be grateful if you know where the part originally came from you could post it here or pm me.
Cheers!

:?
Why don't you ask Dev himself?
You'll get the right answer this way... Better than any rumor on a forum, no?
:wink:

Bloodredcurls did ask - several times - we didn't know. That sample came from a load of discs borrowed from the public library 10 years ago (Burnaby main if any Vancouverites were inclined to look). Devin didn't remember which one it was from. I'm glad we finally have a title as it's one of the more frequently asked questions.

#98961 by Seventhframe
Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:51 pm
I will look for the copy Dev made me. I should have it somewhere but after the move to Toronto things are MIA.