Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#39627 by ianlogan123
Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:39 am
OK, I've got my new guitar, but thats not enough. No, now I want to go and buy some new pedals. My amp is nothing special (Marshall DSL401) but sounds pretty good after revalving it. Because its only got a 40W output I can get a good sounds from it at lowish volumes. I also have a Crybaby, a BOSS GE7 EQ pedal (I boost the mids for solos), a BOSS DS1 (not used much) and a BOSS DD20 super, turbo delay.

I was thinking of buying a chorus pedal to fatten the overdriven sound and make the clean sound more interesting. Any suggestions. I trust BOSS to make good pedals but they seem to have quite a few choruses. Then I got thinking about flangers and phasers. EVH used a flanger quite subtley and that sounded really good.

Any suggestions, guys?

#39629 by Torniojaws
Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:46 am
I try to keep it to minimum:

Danelectro CoolCat Chorus
Digitech X-Series DigiDelay
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

#39630 by Jersen
Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:00 am
I use a Line 6 Spider II head/cab, which has several effects built in: chorus, flanger, phaser, delay, tape echo, sweep echo, and reverb, but I don't use effects very much at all.

As far as my pedals go, I keep it pretty practical, I have my footswitch for my amp, a Boss TU-2 tuner pedal, and a boss NS-2 Noise Suppresser pedal.

Ianlogan, for a great chorus pedal, I recommend the Ibanez Icebox chorus pedal. The chorus is very nice and it also comes with a flanger that you can switch over to. You can also switch between a normal and "Whack'd" mode for each effect, which makes it sound pretty crazy.

#39647 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:09 am
the only one i used to use was a crazy digital one and at the side it had like a foot pedal thing, it was blue. pretty sweet. but i dont play much guitar

#39664 by Broken Glass
Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:59 am
Check out Ibanez pedals as well, they're well made. :)

#39682 by Kinski
Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:58 am
I have a BOSS digital delay, chorus, and a phaser (that I rarely ever use). I also have a Roland GP-100 that I am going to use for recording. I'm in the market for a large pedalboard. I'm looking at the Xotic Robotalk pedal as well as a SIB Mr. Echo.

-Alec

#39714 by Greg Reason
Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:13 pm
My processing gear for onstage use is as follows:

Nobels fuzz, Vox wah wah, Boss CE-2 chorus, Danelectro Rocky Roads Leslie simulator, Guyatone Flip analogue delay, Danelectro Danecho analogue delay into my Digitech 2101 rackmounted digital effects processor.

#39737 by StrappingYoungLad
Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:10 pm
Pedals..meh! I used to use heaps...BOSS EQ, Ibanez Smash Box etc etc...all i use now is the clean and gain channels on the Peavey 5150...and my Morley Wah. Pedals are great :D but so easy to get carried away with...ever used a guitar synth?

KRIS :D

#39844 by Dr.Mosh
Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:27 am
None actually,
guitar->powerball :)

I used to have all the effects but I got pissed off with it and the sound, and went back to basics. Couldn't be happier.
When recording I EQ the sound of course and effects like chorus/reverb are added via the computer.

#39850 by ianlogan123
Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:12 am
I don't really go for effects that much either. Wah and delay really.

The crunch comes from the amp and I use the volume a lot to change how much gain there is. The clean sounds more musical if I roll back the volume IMO.

The EQ is used to add a little more mid for solos. The wah is, well, wah.

The delay is usually pretty subtle, like Satch. The DD20 is a really good pedal and has lots of different sounding delays, including a crazy reverse (up to 23 secs) and a loop sampler. I can also use two different patches at the same time if one is set to a really long delay. The chorus would just be something subtle to add.

#39893 by Sinkharmony
Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:39 am
I use a Boss GT-6. Pretty much use it mostly for gain, EQ and the occasional delay.

#39905 by Kinski
Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:35 am
I'm big into bands like The Chameleons, The Durutti Column, and Fields of the Nephilim, so effects are essential to me.

-Alec

#40102 by cluna_33
Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:09 pm
I'm currently using:

Boss Metal Zone for rhythm
Danelectro EQ for leads
Dunlop Crybaby

Sounds metallicious!

#40128 by Greg Reason
Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:41 pm
I love pedals. I'm into psychedelic music very much so I love having lots of delay and that sorta stuff for the space rock. More processing gear of different brands gives you a more distinct tone, because the more different stuff you have, the less chance there is that anyone else in the world will be running the same chain as you.