Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

#46556 by ianlogan123
Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:44 am
Finn, all pedals or SD1s? I wish I could play my amp loud enough to just use the distortion on that (I've done that a few times and it sounds really good), but I live in a flat and mostly play on my own. I don't really have that option, although I'm playing pretty loud these days. I don't think the other people living above me mind too much.

#46557 by FinnAtLondon
Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:45 am
Well I personally have never found any use for any pedal. all just getting dust in closets. If some one has 300 to spend, save it for an amp.

#46654 by ianlogan123
Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:46 pm
Not even a wah or delay?

#46679 by OldDirty
Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:01 pm
Being a bassist I don't really have any use of pedals beside my dist I use on occasion. Everything else I need is on my amp. If I was a geetar player I would go solid state with just a power amp and use the pedals to color the sound...a POD or something along that line.

#46705 by FinnAtLondon
Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:00 am
ianlogan123 wrote:Not even a wah or delay?

Well delay is cool I admit. Wah is bit overdone already. fucking hammet ruined it for the rest of us

#46709 by ianlogan123
Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:26 am
FinnAtLondon wrote:

Well delay is cool I admit. Wah is bit overdone already. fucking hammet ruined it for the rest of us

Wah wah. Wah wah. Wock wock wicky wock wicky wacky wah wah.

#46790 by Sinkharmony
Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:33 pm
FinnAtLondon wrote:

:lol: I agree, it's hard to use wah tastefully. Delay is really cool to mess around with, but it's hard to apply it in songs other than in solos or melody lines.

Ring Mod is probably the most useless effect in the known universe.

#46842 by FinnAtLondon
Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:48 am
I use two sounds. Fuck loads of distortion for rythm stuff and for leads bit more fuckloads of distortion, mids up a bit and delay. It is cheesy but makes live shredding easier and more forgiving. I would record a dryer sound of course but my philosophy is that playing live, you have to turn your cheese knob to 11.

#47030 by Jersen
Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:21 pm
FinnAtLondon wrote:I would record a dryer sound of course but my philosophy is that playing live, you have to turn your cheese knob to 11.
My sentiments exactly!

Also, on the issue of effects, I use no EFFECTS pedals, but I do use a Boss Noise Suppressor pedal and a Boss tuner pedal. I'm thinking about breaking out the old Crybaby for little touches here and there, though. If you wanna hear the best use of delay EVER, listen to the song "The Way" from Amorphis' album "Tuonela."

#47046 by FinnAtLondon
Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:56 am
riffs on "tuonela" are stolen from a band called "Kingston Wall", if you like that stuff.

Cheesiest delay... hmm... Steve Vai on "Ladies Night in Buffalo".

#47047 by FinnAtLondon
Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:57 am
I was thinking of buying Rocktron Hush pedal, anyone tryed it?

#47112 by Sinkharmony
Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:25 am
FinnAtLondon wrote:I was thinking of buying Rocktron Hush pedal, anyone tryed it?

No, but it just sounds like a noise gate. So, it probably works pretty well.

#47212 by ianlogan123
Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:18 pm
Best delay is probably Brian May on the studio version of Brighton Rock. It was never quite as good live, when he did his 10 minute solo.

#47278 by Dr.Mosh
Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:37 am
FinnAtLondon wrote:I was thinking of buying Rocktron Hush pedal, anyone tryed it?

OMG DON'T!!!
THey are total shit, get a boss NS2 instead.

The hush totallyruins your tone, it may sound OK for lots of staccato chords but otherwise forget it.
If you don't believe me, I'll send you my one I bought for free just so you can see for yourself and then throw it in the bin..

#47460 by FinnAtLondon
Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:28 am
Dr.Mosh wrote:

OMG DON'T!!!
THey are total shit, get a boss NS2 instead.

The hush totallyruins your tone, it may sound OK for lots of staccato chords but otherwise forget it.
If you don't believe me, I'll send you my one I bought for free just so you can see for yourself and then throw it in the bin..

Oh please do so, I will even pay for it :)

The funny thing is that my new guitar does not feed back as easy as the old one, now I am not in such horry to get gatey thingy.