Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

#47533 by Dr.Mosh
Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:47 am
FinnAtLondon wrote:
Dr.Mosh wrote:
FinnAtLondon wrote:I was thinking of buying Rocktron Hush pedal, anyone tryed it?

OMG DON'T!!!
THey are total shit, get a boss NS2 instead.

The hush totallyruins your tone, it may sound OK for lots of staccato chords but otherwise forget it.
If you don't believe me, I'll send you my one I bought for free just so you can see for yourself and then throw it in the bin..

Oh please do so, I will even pay for it :)

The funny thing is that my new guitar does not feed back as easy as the old one, now I am not in such horry to get gatey thingy.

hehe, you would stab yourself with a BC Rich if you payed money for one. I cut off my toes in anger

#48032 by Torniojaws
Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:07 am
Sinkharmony wrote:Ring Mod is probably the most useless effect in the known universe.

Not when playing the solo of Paranoid :lol:

#48064 by ianlogan123
Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:05 am
Jeff Beck has been using a ring modulator really effectively on his recent albums. Very subtle and nicely done.

#48271 by ebles420
Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:32 am
dunlop crybaby 535Q
Boss digital metalizer
vox distortion booster
boss blues driver
marshall guvnor plus
boss acoustic simulator
jsh fuzz
korg ax30g (just for the reverb and delays)
zoom 8080 (for random other things)

#48912 by Greg Reason
Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:21 pm
The other day at work this dude came in with a little suitcase of custom made effects that he's been working on, I tried them all out and he had the most bitchen ass ring modulator, it's like a really intense fuzz that just breaks up all the time, it's the most thoroughly nasty sounding pedal I've ever heard, fanfuckintastic, I'm gonna get him to make me piles of them with custom graphics :twisted:

#49151 by Reaper-Man-666
Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:33 pm
I use a Bass Equilizer pedal, so that I can get a nice clang to our own stuff. :D

#54681 by {[_OzzY_]}
Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:21 pm
i have a GT-6 and for my home studio it does a good job

#54686 by Guest
Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:54 pm
all of them but the break

#54719 by Persuader
Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:36 am
One for each foot.

#54757 by Woocifer
Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:23 am
My Rig goes like this:

XXX Peavey Head re-tubed
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss EQ GT-7(I think)
Digitech RP300a

I used to have a G-Major, the digitech huge pedal board with the recorder(cant remember the name), and other floor boards from korg and such...

I still think rack effects are the way to go, I hate the clutter of pedals. However I'm starting to wonder if I really need all these effects...Maybe I should just get a good reverb pedal and a good chorus pedal and call it a day...

#56025 by starspree
Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:15 pm
- ElectroHarmonix 2nd reissue big muff (the best one :-P)
- boss dd-3 digital delay
- dunlop wah

through a marshall jtm60 w/ 4x12

sounds fuckin' amazing!!

i eventually want to get an old morley or ernie ball volume pedal one of these days. You can do some sweet shit with a delay and a volume pedal ...

Jason

#56048 by mo
Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:06 pm
BOSS GT5
other home made stuff, learning to build more

#56128 by ianlogan123
Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:12 pm
I built a couple of effects a few years ago. I made a wah-wah from a kit (but it sounded really bad), a chorus pedal (but it also sounded really bad) and a guitar tuner (which worked alright). I have a funny feeling I may have made something else. They're all sitting in my room back home.

I might make some cheapo effects when I've got some time off. I got a couple of good books from Maplin.

#56355 by Greg Reason
Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:55 pm
starspree wrote:- ElectroHarmonix 2nd reissue big muff (the best one :-P)

Hmm, I'm a fuzz freak, I have many many fuzz pedals and I consider the original Electro Harmonix Big Muff to be the better. From the a/b tests I've done, they seem both MUCH louder and also a lot fuzzier. I know variations are always going to be apparent due to the construction method, but I still think the original silver ones are better.

#57924 by mo
Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:24 pm
Greg Reason wrote:
starspree wrote:- ElectroHarmonix 2nd reissue big muff (the best one :-P)

Hmm, I'm a fuzz freak, I have many many fuzz pedals and I consider the original Electro Harmonix Big Muff to be the better. From the a/b tests I've done, they seem both MUCH louder and also a lot fuzzier. I know variations are always going to be apparent due to the construction method, but I still think the original silver ones are better.

Yeah dude, go the FUZZ!
My favourite setting on my pedal is called mofuzz. To top it off I rip off Josh Homme and run my guitar through a bass for extra warmth. On stage I play bass but behind me I have my guitar rigged up through another bass amp for those special songs where I wield the axe.