Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

#59176 by -THe-Billy-
Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:12 am
boss me-30, don;t buy one. Its my weak point and one of those pedals they put on the market right before christmas so all the new beginners can make the most amazing and out there sounds by just halfassed hitting a note.

#59180 by Sinkharmony
Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:59 am
I just got a Sansamp Bass Tube Driver DI the other. It fucking rocks, no bassist should be without one!

#59259 by EvilPanda
Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:32 pm
I use:

Gas pedal
Break pedal
clutch pedal

... but I use the BOSS Metal Zone with my guitar :D

#59265 by Greg Reason
Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:42 pm
Metal Zones are great if you're a youngen and can't afford a good amp, but if you have the money then I would always recommend steering clear of pedal distortion, unless you're going for a particular pedals sound, like I use pedals for fuzz but would always choose my Mesa Boogie for distortion. A good tube amp has a much smoother, clearer distortion with better definition than any pedal I've ever heard. Most pedals seem to fuck with your tone, even when they're switched off, and tend to sound grainier than tube distortion.

#59400 by ianlogan123
Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:41 am
I've been using my BOSS SD1 for a solo boost recently and it is sounding great. I still use my EQ pedal for specific sounds, and it lets me get a lot more clarity than I would with an overdrive pedal.

Anyone tried the Zakk Wylde pedal from MXR?

#59514 by Erik L
Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:59 pm
I use a ToneWorks AX1G by Korg for my effects.

After spending a long time fiddling with it, I came up with a great mix that sounds pretty close to devin's setup.

If you have a ToneWorks AX1G, here are the settings in case you want to experiment:

DIST2 -- Value 15
LOW G -- Value 15
CHORS 1 -- Value 12
-OFF-
DLY460 -- Value 25
-OFF-

That should be a good start. Good tone control should take care of the rest.