Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#187670 by Yanko
Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:31 pm
Biert wrote:
Faffy wrote:I read in a paper a while ago, that he's done with the whole metal-thing, and he's now interested in norse mythology... or something. And, oh yeah, he wants to live a normal life, he said.

I'd say that too, if it got me out of jail.

he tried "mommy, get my college savings and pay a terrorist to blow the prison cell away" once, but it didn't really work out :P
#187732 by Faffy
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm
Biert wrote:
Faffy wrote:I read in a paper a while ago, that he's done with the whole metal-thing, and he's now interested in norse mythology... or something. And, oh yeah, he wants to live a normal life, he said.

I'd say that too, if it got me out of jail.

Haha, true. :P But I somehow believe it... I mean, he was young then. It's pretty logical that he's grown up. xD Then again, everything the world hears about him these days, comes from his mother. :P
#187749 by ElectricRed
Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:26 am
Yeah, I think 10++ years in prison does something to you mentally.

In 2005 he stated that he was interested in playing metal again. But who knows, the guy keeps changing his mind about everything.
#187769 by Biert
Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:36 am
ElectricRed wrote:Yeah, I think 10++ years in prison does something to you mentally.

That's for sure, but I'm not sure what it does. He might have lost touch with reality even more and might even be more of an idiot once he's out it the free world again.
#187839 by ElectricRed
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:37 am
I don't think so. He's had a TV during his entire stay in prison, and has been out in the real world alot, especially in the last few years. It's not like he has been isolated :P And he is a father now - that does something to you, too.
#187848 by Biert
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 am
ElectricRed wrote:I don't think so. He's had a TV during his entire stay in prison, and has been out in the real world alot, especially in the last few years. It's not like he has been isolated :P And he is a father now - that does something to you, too.

Yeah he's a father, he has a teenage daughter he's seen twice :P
#187851 by Billy Rhomboid
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:50 am
And he is a father now - that does something to you, too.

That's true. Personally, since my children were born I have not once felt the urge to burn a stave church, stab an overweight black metal guitarist or write great tracts of ultra-right-wing bollocks.
Fatherhood. It has much to recommend it.
#187879 by Billy Rhomboid
Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:47 am
Hmm, that's strange. I always thought he was a real tubbo. But now you mention it and I google some images, you are right, he wasn't.

Although perhaps it is a matter of perspective. Back then I was ultra skinny and so he probably looked fat to me.
Now... less so...
#188660 by chip8088
Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:15 am
Biert wrote:
ElectricRed wrote:Yeah, I think 10++ years in prison does something to you mentally.

That's for sure, but I'm not sure what it does. He might have lost touch with reality even more and might even be more of an idiot once he's out it the free world again.

Actually, Varg isn't stupid in any sense. Although he has a warped view on the world and religion, that doesn't make him crazy. I read alot of the stuff he posted on his website and he's a very well spoken person. He talked about how he hates the christian/jewish religion because they came and forced thier beliefs on the people of his homeland. I also remember reading that he didn't burn the churches, it was another Odealist who did it, but because of Varg's murder charges against Euronymous, he was a good scapegoat. I don't know if this is true, but it's definately believable. Also if you read into the whole Euronymous thing, Euronymous hated Varg for something involving his girlfriend (i think. i could be mistaken) and Euronymous went around telling all his friends that he was going to knock Varg unconcious, take him up to the mountains, tie him to a tree and video tape himself torturing and killing Varg. Sure, that could have all been talk, but that's still fucked up. Also Euronymous owed Varg some money and Varg went to collect it, and when Euronymous answered the door and saw Varg there, he ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife and tried to kill Varg. (forgive me, i don't remember alot of the details of this story so i could be wrong about parts) Varg managed to wrestle the knife from Euronymous who fell on a lamp and cut himself to hell (which later in court they said that Varg had stabbed him multiple times, when most of the 'stab' wounds were from the broken glass). Euronymous ran out of the apartmant screaming that Varg was going to kill him. Varg chased after him thinking "he's just going to try and kill me again so i have to end this" (i don't agree with his thinking but that's what i read) and the fight ended with Varg stabbing Euronymous in the head. I'm not saying Varg is a perfect model citizen, and i'm not saying that i agree with his idealogy and actions, but he was over villified by his government. The truth of the matter is, if Varg didn't have a hatred for religion (or at least wasn't so public about it) he'd probably not be in jail as long as he's been there for, and he wouldn't be as villified.