Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#172061 by BlueRaja
Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:25 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:Something awesome: A private art dealer has invited me to an exhibition in Glasgow where I can supply 5 of my drawings for sale. He is also suggesting I set the reserve at £250...each....

Thats money. Real money. For art! Thats not right! AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

Yay yay yay for you, Mr. Talented! :D
#172062 by AlucardXIX
Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:11 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:Something awesome: A private art dealer has invited me to an exhibition in Glasgow where I can supply 5 of my drawings for sale. He is also suggesting I set the reserve at £250...each....

Thats money. Real money. For art! Thats not right! AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

Noooo that is right! Take it! It's a chance!
#172075 by Persuader
Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:31 am
sj_2150 wrote:
Persuader wrote:I'm getting ink done in a week!

what kinda tat?

Big ol' dragon. Covering my left arm, shoulder and back. The outlines are done, getting it coloured (red).
8)
#172081 by Biert
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:13 am
Congrats Blazingmonga :D
#172089 by BlueRaja
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:00 am
Persuader wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:
Persuader wrote:I'm getting ink done in a week!

what kinda tat?

Big ol' dragon. Covering my left arm, shoulder and back. The outlines are done, getting it coloured (red).
8)

Promise to post pics when it's completed. :)
#172101 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 am
Biert wrote:Congrats Blazingmonga :D

People congratulating me and generally being nice, that's awesome!
#172131 by BrunoN
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:40 am
porksoda wrote:How are you enjoying Norway, Bruno?

It was ace. 1700km of stunning mountains, forests, fjords and epic waterfalls - you've got to be amazed when coming from rather flat and densely populated country. Its horribly expensive, though (visiting Nordkapp is bit of a ripoff especially) - I guess people have to pay for thousands of these cool tunnels in mountains :). Also people were great - when our car got b0rked we got loads of help from random folks incidentally being around. Very, very nice. I shot plenty of kitschy landscape photos, will put it on flickr in free time.

Oh, and one thing puzzled us to no end - usage of camping trailers by Scandinavian people. I've always associated trailers with, well, mobility. And there common trailer setup on camping site was trailer, some sort of cabin (or huge ass tent) attached, terrace, full on garden with clay trolls holding VELKOMMEN signs, satelite dish and stuff, so basically looked like complete impromtu house (I wouldn't be so suprised if these trailers had damn cellars). Some were totally amazing, like on made of pimped up bus, cool as fsck. Is this something like common, all-season holiday house over the lake? These trailers probably have rather low mileage :)

EDIT: ooh I forgot - congrats to mr Mango, you're on straight road to decadence, absinthe and indecent women!
#172134 by Persuader
Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:01 am
BlueRaja wrote:Promise to post pics when it's completed. :)

Will do will do, it will take a while though since I can't afford to colour it all at once.

And congratulations Monga, awesome that you get some recognition, you're well worth it!
#172155 by Leechmaster
Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 pm
Congrats Monga! I've never actually seen any of your pieces asides from my HevyDevy All Stars CD.. Linkz 4 me?

What is awesome is that I am going to get paid a whopping great sum of money for work this week tomorrow at 5:30, and then I'm catching a bus at 6:30 to go explore Galway and the island of Inis Mór and all its wonderous 4000 year old ruins of churches hillforts and cliff-forts and whatnot until Monday or Tuesday.. Can't wait! :D
#172178 by porksoda
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:55 am
BrunoN wrote:
porksoda wrote:How are you enjoying Norway, Bruno?

It was ace. 1700km of stunning mountains, forests, fjords and epic waterfalls - you've got to be amazed when coming from rather flat and densely populated country. Its horribly expensive, though (visiting Nordkapp is bit of a ripoff especially) - I guess people have to pay for thousands of these cool tunnels in mountains :). Also people were great - when our car got b0rked we got loads of help from random folks incidentally being around. Very, very nice. I shot plenty of kitschy landscape photos, will put it on flickr in free time.

Oh, and one thing puzzled us to no end - usage of camping trailers by Scandinavian people. I've always associated trailers with, well, mobility. And there common trailer setup on camping site was trailer, some sort of cabin (or huge ass tent) attached, terrace, full on garden with clay trolls holding VELKOMMEN signs, satelite dish and stuff, so basically looked like complete impromtu house (I wouldn't be so suprised if these trailers had damn cellars). Some were totally amazing, like on made of pimped up bus, cool as fsck. Is this something like common, all-season holiday house over the lake? These trailers probably have rather low mileage :)

EDIT: ooh I forgot - congrats to mr Mango, you're on straight road to decadence, absinthe and indecent women!

Haha, yeah. Every damn time I'm on a campsite I see some extremists taking it all the way with their trailer looking like a damn house! And the satelite dish thing was dead on! You don't see that very often...Well, here you do :|
I often wonder if these people permenantly live in their mobile homes...

And yes, it is awe-struckingly expensive here! You're not the first to notice 8)

BTW, monga: Grats! That's just plain awesome :lol:
#172182 by fullgore
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:21 pm
Portishead's "Third". Where did this come from and why is it this good? Best album that's come out in years. I like it better than Scott Walker's "The Drift"...

Unsettling, enchanting, entrancing. It's their best one yet. (eleven years after their eponymous second album...)
#172383 by Migstopheles
Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:05 pm
Finally got a picture of my now not-so-new tattoo:

Nothing special.
#172402 by Biert
Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:08 am
I like the shape but I still think it's a big-ass scar :P
#172405 by Migstopheles
Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:27 am
Not a tattoo fan then, I take it? :D