Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#321973 by Victimlas
Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:56 am
ppinkham wrote:
She's 8 months, and Pekingese/Chihuahua mix. She has the sweetest temperament, too. A friend of ours saw her on Craigslist and posted it on her wall. We'd been wanting a small dog for a while (we like big dogs, but we live in an apartment so we don't have room, and we wanted something the cats wouldn't be too terrified of) and we fell in love with the pics we saw.

The pics did not do that face justice!

Sorry!!! Her! She's beautiful! :D
Don't mind me, my mind went for a walk :lol: :shock: Vacation overdue.
#322003 by JuZ
Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 pm
Woohoo!

My wife just won BOTH of the jobs she applied for in Canberra (with her current employer). There was a management dispute over releasing her so the Canberra office just gave her both jobs - a permanent transfer at level and a 12 month higher duties opportunity.

We are stoked!

She starts in a month so we... aaaaah... have a lot of work to do!

Work will pay for packing, shipping, flights for the family, accommodation while we seek a house to rent and delivery of the car (I enjoy the drive but I'm not in the mood for a 1200km drive right now).

I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that we're moving. Again! It's my home town and I love it and miss it terribly.

Can't wait!

Oh, and family don't know so if you know me on FB, please keep it quiet for now. ;)
#322269 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:42 am
The post office people have invited me for a final-stage interview. Here's hoping I impress them enough to hire me!
#322298 by Hiddos
Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 pm
So, Steph & I actually properly live together now. We have our own flat that we pay for out of our fairly newly acquired joint account.
Feels good, man. We really enjoy having our own place and space, taking care of one another and just doing what we want. :)
The flat itself doesn't really feel like a flat seeing as we've got multiple floors, The rooms are quite spacious as well. We love it :D

Oh, and the cat settled in very well as well. ;)
#322305 by JuZ
Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:54 pm
Sounds lovely! I'm really happy for you both :)
#322313 by Faffy
Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:54 am
Congrats and hooray for everyone!! :D

This may seem like a minor thing but... I got my own desk! At university I now have a key to an office with a desk, a locker and (soon) a computer in it which are all mine! Although we are many sharing this office, it means so much to have a place that is mine where I can work at university. No more lingering in the corners and sofas in the hallways, no more computer labs, no more library! I can actually leave my stuff to wee!

Now, major thing: My dog had puppies last week!! Three lovely tiny chubby ones. The un-awesome part is that I don't get to be with them (unless I decide to take a long weekend home... I might. My supervisor just had a baby. He'll understand.)
#322319 by aleksi
Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Faffy wrote:This may seem like a minor thing but... I got my own desk! At university I now have a key to an office with a desk, a locker and (soon) a computer in it which are all mine! Although we are many sharing this office, it means so much to have a place that is mine where I can work at university. No more lingering in the corners and sofas in the hallways, no more computer labs, no more library! I can actually leave my stuff to wee!

Words cannot properly convey how much I envy you. That sounds so sweet. At this point I'm just about ready to volunteer to personally install cushions to our computer labs incredibly noisy metal door.
#322379 by Faffy
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:37 am
aleksi wrote:
Faffy wrote:This may seem like a minor thing but... I got my own desk! At university I now have a key to an office with a desk, a locker and (soon) a computer in it which are all mine! Although we are many sharing this office, it means so much to have a place that is mine where I can work at university. No more lingering in the corners and sofas in the hallways, no more computer labs, no more library! I can actually leave my stuff to wee!

Words cannot properly convey how much I envy you. That sounds so sweet. At this point I'm just about ready to volunteer to personally install cushions to our computer labs incredibly noisy metal door.

I wholly support this! I still remember the daaaark days of spending every day, from early morning to late evening in the computer lab. *gets chills* My bum hurts by the mere thought of it. We could have used some cushioning as well. :P
#322385 by aleksi
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:13 pm
I just watched the awesome intro to the 1987 teenage mutant ninja turtles and actually concentrated on what was happening. Not sure why but for some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks just how goofy and insane the intro is. It literally felt like I was losing my goddamn mind :D
#322400 by Tyroshai
Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:25 am
aleksi wrote:I just watched the awesome intro to the 1987 teenage mutant ninja turtles and actually concentrated on what was happening. Not sure why but for some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks just how goofy and insane the intro is. It literally felt like I was losing my goddamn mind :D

Haha yeah I know dem feels! It's so stupid yet brilliant and will always be my favourite kids show...Even the Michael Bay movie reboot coming shortly wont change that regardless of how poor it may turn out to be. :P
#322441 by Lettuce
Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:38 pm
I'm gonna watch it now.

Anneke fondled my hair about an hour ago. That was quite awesome. Brazilian blow dry just pays for itself.